The previously announced “Dunwall City Trials” DLC for Arkane Studios’ Dishonored is now available on your platform of choice. The DLC sees the addition of ten challenge maps to the game, each with their own set of objectives and gameplay twists.
Arkane is promising that the DLC brings “a challenge to all levels of players”. Each map will force you to use Corvo’s supernatural abilities and assassin gadgetry in order to complete the challenges. The DLC also brings with it online leaderboards so you can see how you compare to your friends and the rest of the world.
Hit the jump for a trailer and run-down of what each challenge map has in store.
The ten challenge maps include the following:
- Assassin’s Run: this level arms you with the crossbow and gives you a series of targets to eliminate in the shortest amount of time possible. Avoid killing the civilians however.
- Back Alley Brawl: essentially a “Horde Mode” as you face off against wave after wave of enemies.
- Bend Time Massacre: this map features multiple rounds. You begin each round by peering through glass in an attempt to figure out who your assassination target is. Once you break through the glass to take out your target, the “Bend Time” perk activates.
- Bonfires: sees you using “Blink” to touch as many light points as possible in the set amount of time.
- Burglars: get into a mansion, steal six Clockwork Eggs and anything else of value, and then get out. If you’re spotted more than three times then it’s game over.
- Kill Cascade: a run from one point to the next, but you need to perform a series of Drop Assassinations en-route.
- Kill Chain Massacre: this challenge tasks you with stringing together a kill chain. You can plan your chain before starting; the moment your first kill occurs, the clock starts ticking. You’ll get to use your weapons and the environment for this one.
- Mystery Foe: this map gives you four clues to find. Once you’ve found all four you can figure out who your target is. Simple as that.
- Oil Drop: avoid death by oily explosion as you dodge and shoot oil barrels falling from above.
- Train Runner: in this map you’ll need to use all of Corvo’s abilities in order to beat a train. Sounds so simple, doesn’t it?
Source: PlayStation Blog