The Golden Joystick Awards 2013 ceremony just wrapped up this Friday, 25th October at the Westminster Bridge Plaza in London, with jubilation and tears duly awarded to the winners and not-winners respectively. Now in its 31st year, the Golden Joystick Awards is one of the longest-running in the industry, and notable for relying on public votes to determine the winners from a hand-picked shortlist by industry professionals and critics.
Surprising nobody, GTA V took the award for Best Game of the Year. Ken Levine rightly won the Lifetime Achievement Award, because System Shock 2, Thief and BioShock, that’s why. Dota 2 and League of Legends were relegated to third and second place respectively by World of Tanks as the Best Online Game. Finally, The Last of Us helped Naughty Dog cement first place in three categories.
Get the full list of categories and winners after the jump.
- Best Newcomer: The Last of Us
- Most Wanted: The Witcher 3
- Best Indie Game: Mark of the Ninja
- Best Visual Design: Bioshock Infinite
- Best Multiplayer: Payday 2
- Best Gaming Moment: Far Cry 3: “The Definition of Insanity”
- Studio of the Year: Naughty Dog
- Innovation of the Year: Oculus Rift
- Best Storytelling: The Last of Us
- Best Online Game: World of Tanks
- Best Handheld Game: Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation
- YouTube Gamer Award: The Yogscast
- Best Gaming Platform: Steam
- Best Mobile/Tablet Game of the Year: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Game of the Year: Grand Theft Auto V
- Hall of Fame: Activision: Call of Duty
- Lifetime Achievement: Ken Levine
Source: Computer & Video Games