Have you every wanted to play your favourite PS3 games using Sony’s much more improved Dualshock 4 controller? Well, now you can. One Reddit user figured out that with the latest firmware updates to the PS3, it recognises the DS4 as a regular Bluetooth controller in the same way that it sees the PS3 Blu-Ray rem0te as a Bluetooth device. All you have to to is follow the steps below and Bob’s your uncle!
- Under “Accessory Settings”, select “Manage Bluetooth Devices”
- Select “Register New Device” then start scanning
- While the PS3 is scanning, press and hold the share button and PS button on the DS4 at the same time until it starts blinking
- The PS3 should then see the controller from there. The DS4 is going to show up as a “Wireless Controller”
- Once selected, the registration is complete
- Pressing the PS button on the DS4 now will turn the controller on, the LED will light up white while it’s on
The only problem now is that the controller loses the functionality of the PS button and things like Sixaxis don’t work anymore. Now all that’s needed is to do the same for the DS3 and all PS3-compatible peripherals to work on the PS4!