No game series elicits as much fanatical ire for perceived missteps like Call of Duty does. And no target market is as vocal in their disdain as the PC gaming crowd. Very often there are cuts and adjustments to PC games that make them less appealing; like malformed siblings to the superior console versions. Case in point: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was one of the best games to date insofar as ideas and setting and single-player were concerned. The multiplayer on the PC version? Not so much, and that was largely thanks to the complete lack of dedicated servers.
Luckily Treyarch is not intent to fall into the same pitfalls as last year’s Call of Duty did. Black Ops III, which in case you’ve been in a coma, is this year’s Call of Duty title, and it will have ranked dedicated servers for the PC. But that’s not all the PC version is getting; Treyarch has a whole list of additional features that PC owners can look forward to. Hooray!
The PC version of Black Ops III has its own team of developers. That team has partnered with Nvidia to showcase the PC version’s multiplayer at Gamescom. In addition to that, the PC development team has issued a list of what they’re working into the PC version. Check it out below:
- 100% Ranked Dedicated Servers
- 2-Player Split Screen
- Seamless Game Controller Support
- Strong GPU scaling, SLI and Crossfire Optimizations, and 4K monitor support make the game look and run great at full 4K resolution
- FOV Slider
- Framerate Cap Slider
- Improved Text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
- Fantastic Steam Trading Cards – collect them all!
- Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)
Two-player split screen and dedicated servers are fantastic additions. Now maybe we’ll get to play multiplayer modes other than TDM.
If you’re wondering what the game’s minimum PC requirements are, they’re right here:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible