Rocket League, the recipient of lifetime achievement award for “Best Football Sports Sim Ever Made” as decided by ones of people everywhere (read: me), is about to get some post-apocalypse flavoured DLC. Dubbed “Chaos Run” (we’re guessing “Fury Road” was taken), the DLC will bring a bunch of new customisable bits and bobs, as well as two new cars: the Ripper and the Grog. The DLC lands in December and will cost $3.99 (or equivalent Rand value) via the PSN and Steam.
A free new arena called “Wasteland” will also be made available. This post-apocalypse themed arena will be much larger than previous arenas, and will feature sloped sidings. Rusty metal and lots of FLAMES will round out that cosy, post-apocalypse vibe.
There’s a trailer for the DLC waiting for you on the other side of this shiny red “Read More…” button.
Also, here are some words prefaced by bullets in case you prefer words to watching video. Pfffft. Didn’t think so.
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies (PS4) and Achievements (Steam)