If you simply can’t wait any longer to get your impatient, anxious paws on the new Doom when it launches on May 13th, then perhaps what you need to do this weekend is join in on all the sexy, Doom-flavoured multiplayer open beta action that’s happening RIGHT NOW AS YOU’RE READING THIS EVEN.
There’s also a new trailer, showing off the vast array of character and weapon customisation options that’ll be available to you within the game’s multiplayer suite. Snazzy!
Boy, that sure is a lot of colourful armour-y, weapon-y things to tinker with. Also, more demons! If you want in, the open beta is running right now, and you can get yourself jacked into it by irresponsibly rocket jumping your way over to Steam. The download weighs in at just over 10GBs, and this is what you’ll find within:
- Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
- Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
- Demon: Revenant
- Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
- Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
- Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade
The beta will come to a close on Monday morning at 5:59am. I think. My parents never schooled me in the proper approach to using the Internet to do time-zone conversions. I apologise on their behalf.