You know you want it. I know I want it. Who wouldn’t want it? Shut up, your opinion is irrelevant. I bet you’re some kind of Swarm apologist. “Oh, they were here first” and “but what about the juvies” and “#swarmlivesmatter”. What a disgrace. Get out. GET OUT.
Anyway, this is Microsoft’s limited edition Gears of War 4 Xbox One S console, and it’s very nice.
“Continuing the collaboration between The Coalition, the studio developing Gears of War 4, and the Xbox design team, we were inspired by the idea of creating something that looks as if it were lifted right out of the game: a console that bears the battle marks of surviving a desperate fight against Gears of War 4’s ferocious new enemies – the Swarm,” gushes the press stuff. “Advances in technology and manufacturing techniques really let us free up our imaginations. From the laser-etched scratches, to the bloody thumbprint on the controller’s red metallic D-pad and the iconic Crimson Omen, we looked closely at what we could do with every piece of hardware.”
It also includes:
- Gritty, battle-weathered custom Xbox One S console with a massive 2TB hard drive
- All-new Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen Limited Edition, featuring a textured grip for enhanced comfort; our most reliable wireless signal ever, with up to two times the wireless range compared to previous controllers when used with Xbox One S; and Bluetooth radio, giving you an easy wireless connection to your Windows 10 PCs and tablets
- 4K Ultra HD video and Blu-ray player, custom system sounds, and a vertical stand
- High Dynamic Range support for video and games
- Full game download of Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition for both Xbox One and Windows 10 (featuring cross-play support in all co-op modes) – a $99 value
- Early access to the game on Oct. 7
- Gears of War 4 Season Pass, featuring the exclusive Vintage VIP Pack, permanent access to future multiplayer maps for private games, six additional Gear Packs including the Vintage JD Gear Pack, early previews to upcoming modes, and much more
The bundle is scheduled for launch in the US and some other places on 7 October with a $449 price tag, although local release info is not yet confirmed. Gears of War 4 is out on PC and Xbox One as part of Microsoft’s Play Anywhere promo on 11 October.