Titanfall 2‘s second tech test is happening this weekend, and it’s got a big list of improvements with it. Speed boosts! Titan drop timers! More kills per deaths! Okay, I made up the last one.
“Even though the Tech Test build is a couple months old, we learned some valuable things based on your feedback,” explains game designer Steven DeRose on the Titanfall 2 blog. “Some of these changes have already been addressed and will be updated for weekend two of the tech test, with other changes making it into the final game.”
The update includes:
Time to Kill
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We’re still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
- Increased max wall-running speed
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
- Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
The “Invite Friends” option is still broken in this build, however, so unless you’re playing in one of the Titanfall 2 Networks with your tjommies, you’re probably stuck with public randoms. If you’re on Xbox One, I’ve created the lank kiff Lank Kiff Network for local gamers. If it doesn’t turn up in the list when you look for it, make sure the “>10 players” option is disabled. We’ve just started, jeez.
The servers go live at 18:00 tonight.