I thoroughly regret never truly getting into the Star Wars fandom, because Battlefront is kind of amazing (even if you have no idea what’s going on).
As I’ve established in the sentence above, I’m no Star Wars expert, but even I know the Death Star is kind of a massive deal. So, it’s great to hear that EA will finally be bringing the Empire’s planet killer to fans in the form of the game’s latest bit of DLC called Star Wars Battlefront: Death Star. But that’s not all, the DLC will also come with new heroes, maps, weapons, Star Cards and a new game mode. Trailer below.
“Dogfight in space battles, fight inside the iconic space station and trench run to take down the Empire’s ultimate weapon. You may fire when ready among one of the deadliest weapons in the galaxy,” reads the official blurb.
Here’s everything that comes with the expansion:
- Five new maps set in space, as well as inside the Death Star.
- Two new heroes: a bounty hunter called Bossk, and a Wookiee named Chewbacca (YES).
- A brand new game mode called Battle Station, which is a 3-phase mode that “will have players battling around and inside the Death Star.”
- Two weapons: the TL-50 Heavy Repeater, and the K-16 Bryar Pistol.
- Finally, the two new Star Cards, Medical Droid, and Laser Trip Mine.
Season pass holders will be able to get their hands on the expansion when it goes live tomorrow (20 September), while the rest of us can pick it up as a standalone on 4 October. The season pass will set you back R499.95 and the standalone should cost you around R149.95.
Source: Official website