Anyway, this particular shooter is developed by EA DICE, who are renowned for not hyping up their titles before launch. WAHAHAHAHA! Okay, I can’t keep it up any longer. Battlefield 1 is a mere 30 days away, and I couldn’t be more stoked to play it. Scratch that, DICE has just revealed all the maps and modes the game will include at launch, and they all sound amazing. Consider me noticeably more stoked.
Now, let’s get serious.
The game’s official website was recently updated with information on all of the maps and modes that will make it into Battlefield 1 at launch. This includes a total of six game modes and nine maps that will be playable from the get-go. A tenth map will be released for free sometime this December. Full list below.
- Ballroom Blitz: a French chateau, “the scene for a battle with both tanks and flamethrowers.”
- Argonne Forrest: “devious defensive setups combined with a labyrinth of bunkers and machine gun nests.”
- Fao Fortress: “fight through marshlands and dunes, over bridges and shallow coves.”
- Suez: “A struggle for the most vital supply line of World War I.”
- The St. Quentin Scar: “prepare for truly cataclysmic assaults as you push through the trenches of the St. Quentin Scar.”
- Sinai Desert: the game’s beta map
- Amiens: “a struggle in crumbling alleys, a courthouse, around bridges and railways.”
- Monte Grappa: “utilize the massive fort cannons to stop the advancing enemies as they scale the mountainside.”
- Empire’s Edge: “along the Adriatic coast a fierce struggle for land and life is taking place.”
- Giant’s Shadow: Will be free to download in December. “Fierce infantry and tank engagements ensue on the open ground and river banks alongside the Cateu-Wassigny railway where an armored train can still turn the tide.”
- Conquest: all-out war mode that should be familiar to fans.
- Domination: a stripped down version of conquest to get the blood flowing.
- Operations: a mode spanning several maps following real battles of WW1.
- Rush: capture or defend various locations.
- War Pigeons: “use messenger pigeons to call in artillery barrages on the enemy.”
- Team Deathmatch: kill kill kill (as a team).
Battlefield 1 launches on 21 October for PC, PS4, and XBO.