As previously promised, Respawn’s ro-bro shooter is getting its first free “Angel City’s Most Wanted” DLC on 30 November, featuring a new map, new Pilot and Titan gear, and a new execution manoeuvre.
“First let’s look at the big picture and make a crucial point about our DLC vision crystal clear: All maps, modes, weapons —anything that has effect on gameplay— will be free for all players that bought Titanfall 2,” the developer reiterated in a blog update. “We believe that in order to maintain a healthy community we shouldn’t be segmenting players behind paywalls for these things.”
That said, next to the DLC launch Respawn is also adding an in-game shop with premium cosmetic stuff for sale.
“We will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic. We will have two Prime Titans available at launch. They have new chassis and assassinations but function the exact same way as their original counterparts,” Respawn explained.
“Angel City’s Most Wanted is just the beginning of our support for Titanfall 2. We will have more drops that will differ in size and scope but the additional maps, modes, and weapons available will continue to be free.”
So, what exactly is in the free DLC care package? DEPLOY COPY-PASTE.
- Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.
- Fans that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.
- Wingman Elite Pistol
- Titan Kits: Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.
- Ion: Refraction Lens
- Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways
- Scorch: Scorched Earth
- Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake
- Northstar: Threat Optics
- Enemies are highlighted while zooming in
- Tone: Burst Loader
- Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire
- Legion: Hidden Compartment
- Power Shot has two charges
- Ronin: Phase Reflex
- When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger
- Ion: Refraction Lens
- Pilot Execution: Inner Pieces
- Phase into an unsuspecting victim
If you missed my review, I thought Titanfall 2 was a total blast-o-rama.