… But no night elves or orcs or undead necro-wizards, if you were thinking the same thing as me.
“This brand-new campaign challenges players to compete in a series of thrilling events with the ultimate goal of becoming the King of the Mountain. With more than 50 new events and challenges to compete in, the expansion tests drivers’ skills across extreme weather and brand new race types, including Hill Climb, Descent and Blizzard race events,” says the press stuff. “In addition, players will be able to take part in new Bucket List Blueprint and Rivals events, as well as earn 28 new Xbox Live Achievements worth 500 Gamerscore points.”
Dropping on 13 December, the expansion features the series’ first ever “snow, ice, extreme elevations and blizzards to challenge players in their quest to become the King of the Mountain” , plus seven new totally radical extreeeeeme sports vehicles including:
- 2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX
- 1965 Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck
- 1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4
- 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B
- 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
- 2016 RJ Anderson #37 Polaris RZR-Rockstar Energy Pro 2 Truck
- 2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car
Blizzard Mountain will be sold separately or available as part of the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass.