In obviously the most interesting news of the entire day, Overwatch actually lost a best game award. Gasp! After absolutely dominating at various award events such as the DICE Awards, and taking home the coveted game of the year award at The Game Awards, it was Uncharted 4 that received the highest honour at the BAFTAs.
The Brittish Academy Games Awards has finally revealed 2017’s list of winners, ranging from the fantastic Inside, Overcooked, and even Pokémon GO. At least Overwatch doesn’t leave entirely empty-handed.
Here’s the full list of winners as listed on the official BAFTA blog.
- Special Award: Brenda Romero
- Artistic Achievement: Inside Development team – Playdead/Playdead
- Audio Achievement: The Last Guardian Development Team – SIE Japan Studio, genDesign/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
- Best Game: Uncharted 4 Development Team – Naughty Dog LLC/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
- Brittish Game: Overcooked Development Team – Ghost Town Games/Team17 Digital Ltd
- Debut Game: Firewatch Development Team – Campo Santo Productions/Campo Santo Productions, Panic Inc.
- Evolving Game: Rocket League Dave Hagewood, Jeremy Dunham, Corey Davis – Psyonix/Psyonix
- Family: Overcooked Development Team – Ghost Town Games/Team17 Digital Ltd
- Game Design: Inside Development Team – Playdead/Playdead
- Game Innovation: That Dragon, Cancer Development Team – Numinous Games/Numinous Games
- Mobile: Pokémon GO Development Team – Niantic Inc./Niantic Inc.
- Multiplayer: Overwatch Development Team – Blizzard Entertainment/Blizzard Entertainment
- Music: Virginia Lyndon Holland – Variable State/505 Games
- Narrative: Inside Arnt Jensen – Playdead/Playdead
- Original Property: Inside Development Team – Playdead/Playdead
- Performer: Cissy Jones as Delilah in Firewatch
- AMD Esports Audience Award: Clash Royale Supercell/Supercell
Some very deserving winners right there, though I’d personally have gone with Doom for best music. Mick Gordon absolutely shreds!