I mean, medals, emblems, same thing. The point is, Bungie has confirmed that original Destiny junkies will have some something to show for those millions of hours wasted on the Warpriest in King’s Fall that isn’t another Moldering Shard, praise the Light. Not that you’ll keep those Moldering Shards, anyway.
In a blog post pondering the possibilities of “a monument to all of your wins” (ha, I get it!), Bungie explains that those Destiny players who accomplished certain tasks in the game will get exclusive in-game emblems in the sequel. Much like the first game, your emblem will be visible to other players in orbit, and also on your character screen so you can gaze upon it and think about the choices you’ve made.
For now, there are at least seven emblems you could have, but four of those are unavailable if you missed out on events at the time, and you’ve got until 1 August to get the others before that opportunity is gone forever, and all you’ll have is regret. Maybe.
- Laurel Triumphant: You completed a Moment of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.
- Laurea Prima II: You completed all 10 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.
- Slayer of Oryx: You owned The Taken King and completed a Moment of Triumph during Destiny’s second year.
- Heard the Call: You owned The Taken King and completed all 8 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s second year.
- Young Wolf: You owned Rise of Iron and reached Rank 2 in the Age of Triumph record book.
- Saladin’s Pride: You owned Rise of Iron and reached Rank 7 in the Age of Triumph record book.
- Lore Scholar: Your achieved a Grimoire score of over 5,000 in Destiny 1.
There are apparently also some other things planned to memorialise your Destiny career, but Bungie isn’t telling what.
“Some of the ways in which we’ll tip our hat to your legacy in Destiny 2, and some of the ways you’ll be able to show all the young pups that you’d become legend long before they were ever reborn in the Cosmodrome, are best left for you to experience for yourself,” community manager David “DeeJ” Dague writes. “Others are little touches that will fall snuggly into the realm of ‘you just had to be there.’ We’re not going to spoil them for you right here and right now.”
DAE LOOT CAVE?! You know it.