An Amazon product listing has fleshed out the details on the Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition which showed up (and subsequently disappeared back into the ether) on UK online retailer ShopTo last month. The Arcade Edition, which is yet to be officially announced by Capcom, brings quite a few new features to the base game and is listed for release on 16 January 2018, according to the Amazon product description.
Here’s a breakdown of what we can expect:
- Arcade mode – choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
- Gallery – unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through arcade mode
- Extra battle – complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018
- New v-triggers – each character will have two v-triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
- New visuals – the user interface is being redesigned with new Color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects
Interestingly, the listing also mentions that all players – whether on PS4 or PC, standard edition or arcade edition – will be in the same pool for a unified cross-platform player base.
Oh, and if that Amazon link doesn’t work by the time you read this, don’t blame me… there’s a very good chance they will pull this listing soon.