27-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Can anybody tell me more about this version of Vista. Is it the same as Vista home basic or is more watered down. The only difference I'm aware of is the price.
27-07-2007, 09:58 AM
The most affordable way to enjoy the basic Windows Vista experience
* Compare editions
Windows Vista Starter was designed specifically to help more men, women, and children in developing technology markets learn valuable computer skills and reach new opportunities. With the goal of addressing digital divide challenges around the world, Windows Vista Starter is the most affordable edition in the Windows Vista line-up.
Windows Vista Starter is designed for the beginner computer user. While it doesn't provide as many benefits as Windows Vista Home Basic, it is great for the beginner user who wants to perform basic tasks.
Windows Vista Starter provides everything you need to:
* Easily browse the Internet
* Communicate with friends and family around the world
* Listen to music and watch videos
* Store, print, and share photos online with easy-to-use tools
* Limit a child's access to specific web sites, games, and other mature content with parental controls
* Use educational, productivity, small business, and other software designed for Windows
* Connect cameras, printers, speakers, and other hardware devices designed for Windows
* Access updates and enhancements from Microsoft online
Windows Vista Starter is not available in developed technology markets such as the United States, the European Union, Australia, or Japan. Windows Vista Starter ships on lower-cost computers sold by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Microsoft OEM distributors in 139 countries.
In essence, Windows Vista Starter is ideal for beginner computer users, and is the most affordable edition of Windows Vista.
There are functionality differences, listed here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx
27-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Cool, Thanks for the info Miktar.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.