View Full Version : Telkom ADSL questions..
17-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Okay. My boyfriend is attempting to install the ADSL at his house.
1.) The fools didn't activate his account. Now he was told that there was no signal from the line to Telkom.
2.) When he runs the setup with that CD that they give, it was fine until now, it keeps asking him to disable his firewall, and he did, and it still says that. Why is this happening and what can we do?
Please help because he isn't too happy :| and I don't know what to do anymore.
17-08-2007, 04:50 PM
hi, my friend tells me, the account and the signal has nothing to do with each other
1) , plug the router in, and check if the line sync... if it doesn't, then you arent plugged in at the exchange on the DSLAM side...call Telkom.
he also asks:
2. what router do you have?
3. who are your ISP provider?
4)Have you set up the connection, or are your account on the router...you shouldn't do that, because it is not save.
if you are on Telkom ADSL ISP, then you first have to link to some or other link to their website in order to activate the account. but that is after you have set up the hardware network settings on your pc.
I also know next to nothing about these kind of stuff, so hope it helps.
17-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey! Thanks for the reply.
1) , plug the router in, and check if the line sync... if it doesn't, then you arent plugged in at the exchange on the DSLAM side...call Telkom. --- He did that, and he told me that Telkom hadn't activated something, and that they were to transfer him to the right department, but then no one knew what to do. He is planning to call Telkom again because apparently they are already charging him for the ADSL when it isn't even ready.
he also asks:
2. what router do you have? --- He told me it is the wireless one, I forgot the model name/number.
3. who are your ISP provider? --- Telkom.
4)Have you set up the connection, or are your account on the router...you shouldn't do that, because it is not save. --- The connection is not set up and the modem isn't picking up the DSL link. I am not sure if the account is on the router, but thank you for the warning, I think ours at home is, I should check that out.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.