PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Girls - The Video game!

bloodriot
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Here goes!
So the game isn't that best ever but it's quite good, and there needs to be at least one video game in the world based on the golden girls? Am I right?

Download Link: http://www.lackofjudgement.com/TGGtVG.zip
Thank you for being a friend.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel or a crossover game, EG:step by step VS GG
Game On!?

onona
07-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Um.

Do you really expect people to just download a random zip file that you've linked to?

Domanskip
07-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Here goes!
So the game isn't that best ever but it's quite good, and there needs to be at least one video game in the world based on the golden girls? Am I right?

Download Link: http://www.lackofjudgement.com/TGGtVG.zip
Thank you for being a friend.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel or a crossover game, EG:step by step VS GG
Game On!?

You loggin' mah keys boy?

James Donaldson
07-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I need a little more info before I download something from a site called "Lack of Judgement"

bloodriot
07-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Um.

Do you really expect people to just download a random zip file that you've linked to?

It's a fan made game, the size is 14.5 MB
Here is a screenshot: http://img.waffleimages.com/50cdd133b8ecb2b8fb92b6bf67ff6d8e706fc4b3/welp.jpg

You loggin' mah keys boy?

No way man, Mik would tear me a new one, I like this forum too much.

PloPshoP
07-11-2008, 07:36 PM
The screenshot link is giving me a 403 error.

bloodriot
07-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Are you copy pasting or right click open in new window?

Weird it works for me.

PloPshoP
07-11-2008, 07:40 PM

Weird it works for me.

Neither work.

Nevermind, over this game already.

bloodriot
07-11-2008, 07:42 PM
But it's Golden Girls!? Patrick Duffy may or may not be a boss? :P

maxdamage
08-11-2008, 01:02 AM
But it's Golden Girls!? Patrick Duffy may or may not be a boss? :P

lol

Weird it works for me.

I get the same message.

bloodriot
08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Okay yeah the pic is down atm, still the game is a great conversation piece right?

Dude: What are you playing tonight dude Crysis or Farcry 2?
Dude2: Oh yeah um Golden Girls the game.
Dude: Whut? GGTG really?
Dude: Damn tootin! *theme music starts*

Am I right? ;) you know you want to play it?

James Donaldson
08-11-2008, 02:07 PM
No...not really.

Is this a joke or what?

bloodriot
08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
No it's a real game, probably not the best game ever but I thought it was a nice conversation piece.

Protip: Hold in jump to jump higher.

Turkish
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Best game since Muslin Massacre. I had loads of fun and lulz on this one.

bloodriot
09-11-2008, 01:32 PM
That's right Violent, glad to see a man of taste on the boards, to the rest, "Search your feelings you know it to be true!" GGTG Indy game of the year imho.

Kensei
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Played two minutes, probably even less and quit.

I am sorry, I don't think its that great bloodriot

GGTG Indy game of the year imho.

No.

If you think that then you seriously need to play more indie games.

For those who don't want to bother downloading the game, I will give you a synopsis.
From a gameplay perspective, you control Betty's 'shrunken' head and you have to eat cheesecakes and avoid rats.

It is a standard affair of using the arrow keys to move and Space bar to jump. I didn't play it long enough to determine if there is some secret 'wow' factor that makes it sooo brilliant. I am not an amazing Game.Dev person but I could likely make the same game in Game Maker in a few hours (dislekcia or Nandrew could make it in half an hour)

Sorry, bloodriot, either the humour is completely lost on me or this game is actually **** - it reminds me of all the Newsgrounds games of the 90's (Like 'Spear Britney Spears')

bloodriot
09-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Okay Kensei I was just kidding about the game of the year comment lol, but it is a good conversation piece like I said, not the greatest game ever but slightly fun and worth a lol.

I play a huge amount of Indy games(so I know there are some really great ones out there that put GGTG to shame.), so I'm sorry if I offended you with that comment it is very understandable.

A lot of people thought MM was ****, but it's still a okay fun game, yeah it's probably better than GGTG but different strokes for different folks.

NightTimeHornet
10-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Awwww, I was hoping for a GTA/Silent Hill clone-hybrid set in the Golden Girls Universe.

Just imagine: Rose (Betty White) awakes one day to find the house is completely distorted and warped as if transplanted into a nether dimension. There is no sign of the other girls. Did she die and go to hell; or did she just over medicate again... There's no time to find out as demonic cheesecake with spinach topping (hellish!) begins to dribble from the air conditioning and assail her person. Grabbing a zimmer frame she drives off the dastardly desserts. Making her way down to the kitchen in an attempt to escape the warped dimension of the Florida home, she encounters the first boss; Devils food cake!

Having escaped a delicious death by chocolate, she bursts out into the hellish Floridan wastes; unused to such low temperatures, she bundles her cardigan about her, and brandishes her zimmer frame as zombie-seagulls descend seeking a geriatric snack. Thus begins the "Golden Girls Mythos: Chronicles of Rose."

A sandbox/survival horror/RPG, that pits one little old lady against the forces of Hell. Look out, she's getting behind the wheel of that 1981 Toyota corolla and she's not afraid to drive it! Will Rose discover the fate of her house mates, or will she succumb to the abominations of the twisted Floridian wastes!?

Pre-order now with the Duke Nukem: Forever bundle and receive a free 6 month Betty White Knitting Club membership!

Q-Man
10-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Awwww, I was hoping for a GTA/Silent Hill clone-hybrid set in the Golden Girls Universe.

Just imagine: Rose (Betty White) awakes one day to find the house is completely distorted and warped as if transplanted into a nether dimension. There is no sign of the other girls. Did she die and go to hell; or did she just over medicate again... There's no time to find out as demonic cheesecake with spinach topping (hellish!) begins to dribble from the air conditioning and assail her person. Grabbing a zimmer frame she drives off the dastardly desserts. Making her way down to the kitchen in an attempt to escape the warped dimension of the Florida home, she encounters the first boss; Devils food cake!

Having escaped a delicious death by chocolate, she bursts out into the hellish Floridan wastes; unused to such low temperatures, she bundles her cardigan about her, and brandishes her zimmer frame as zombie-seagulls descend seeking a geriatric snack. Thus begins the "Golden Girls Mythos: Chronicles of Rose."

A sandbox/survival horror/RPG, that pits one little old lady against the forces of Hell. Look out, she's getting behind the wheel of that 1981 Toyota corolla and she's not afraid to drive it! Will Rose discover the fate of her house mates, or will she succumb to the abominations of the twisted Floridian wastes!?

Pre-order now with the Duke Nukem: Forever bundle and receive a free 6 month Betty White Knitting Club membership!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/Q-Man_2006/122627222566.jpg

Sarg3
10-11-2008, 02:37 PM

Now that sounds amazing and its making me feel a bit nibbly, where can I pre order?

shewman
10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Played two minutes, probably even less and quit.

I am sorry, I don't think its that great bloodriot

No.

If you think that then you seriously need to play more indie games.

For those who don't want to bother downloading the game, I will give you a synopsis.
From a gameplay perspective, you control Betty's 'shrunken' head and you have to eat cheesecakes and avoid rats.

It is a standard affair of using the arrow keys to move and Space bar to jump. I didn't play it long enough to determine if there is some secret 'wow' factor that makes it sooo brilliant. I am not an amazing Game.Dev person but I could likely make the same game in Game Maker in a few hours (dislekcia or Nandrew could make it in half an hour)

Sorry, bloodriot, either the humour is completely lost on me or this game is actually **** - it reminds me of all the Newsgrounds games of the 90's (Like 'Spear Britney Spears')

I agree that the game may not be very good (I get really frustrated when I play it from lots of bugs and clipping issues I have noticed) but it is good for a laugh and hearing the theme music again does bring a smile to my face.

The potential is there for a fun and simple game. They just need to add more levels and fix the bugs.

bloodriot
11-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Well at least a few ppl liked it? And I'm really liking the GG fan fiction, best FF I've read all year.

Kensei
11-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Why the fascination with Golden Girls, bloodriot?

bloodriot
11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I miss my granny :....( too bad she's not around to see GG the game conceptualized.

I also find the game very nostalgic, thank you for being a friend Kensei.

Toi
11-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I miss my granny :....( too bad she's not around to see GG the game conceptualized.

I also find the game very nostalgic, thank you for being a friend Kensei.

*tears* Well the thread made me laugh.

maxdamage
17-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Estelle Getty who starred as the grandmother in the Golden Girls passed away earlier this year :(