20-09-2007 Nictron said...
Supreme Commander Competition information - Official Thread
Supreme Commander Competition Information:
1) Type of competition?
- The Supreme Commander competition will be a knock out 2vs2 only competition.
2) Where will the competition be held?
- The competition will be held at the OPEN LAN @ Rage 2007.
3) What is the cost?
- Well of course you need access to the Rage OPEN LAN so you will need a ticket. A R10 fee will be levied to all contestants entering the Supreme Commander competition, this will go into the final pot for the winners.
4) Where in the OPEN LAN will you find me?
- Considering that we are in the minority compared to the Battlefield competition I would suggest that you try and sit in the first Block in the upstairs LAN area just up the escalators and left of the chill area, that way we will be quite close together and easy to find. Those of you that register for the two events C&C3 and Supreme Commander can contact me on 082 341 7274 or nico.fourie@###gmail.com (Remove the ### of course). I will formally register you into the competition and reserve your seats close to my table. I need to know your FULL NAME, GAMING NAME, PARTNER’S NAME and GAMING NAME plus the competitions you are entering, C&C3 and/or Supreme Commander.
There will be many posters and directions guiding you towards the registration table and the preferred seating for the strategy section. VC and I can in no way guarantee that your seat will stay reserved but I will try and accommodate you and your partner as much as possible. VC and I will not take responsibility if some individual who thinks he is the King of England goes and ignores all reserved guidelines.
5) When does the Supreme Commander competition start?
- The Supreme Commander competition will start 19:00 on Friday 28th September and continue trough to Saturday Morning.
- Note that you will be able to enter the OPEN LAN from 10:00 on the 28th September. Please be there early if you plan to get good seats. Be there very early if you want to make sure that you are in early. Last year VC already had 1000 gamers in the dome at 12. So it is guaranteed to be busy, you have been warned!
6) When does registration for the Supreme Commander Competition open?
- Registration for the competition will open immediately and you will have time until 18:30 Friday the 28th September to register for the competition. I will have various posters up to indicate the preferred seating area and also where I will be seated. I should be easy to find. Go up the escalator and to your left past the chill area in the first LAN Block, clearly marked with posters. You could e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org (Remove the ### of course) or call me on 082 341 7274 for more information. There will be limited seats available due to schedule limitation so please let me know before rage if you intend to enter the competition if you want to be guaranteed a position.
7) What do you need to attend the Supreme Commander competition?
- R10 entrance fee that will be allocated to the winning pot.
- A capable PC to run Supreme Commander.
- The latest patch for Supreme Commander; I will have the patch available at Rage if you need to install them.
- You must be available for the scheduled gaming times of the competition. If you communicate with me then we could accommodate you as much as possible.
8) Supreme Commander Competition rules?
- The latest patch for Supreme Commander will be required to play. It will be available at Rage if you do not have it.
- No trainers or cheats will be allowed, cheaters will be disqualified with immediate effect.
- If you are late for your scheduled match you will be disqualified and the win will be given to your opponent, unless you have organized with the organizer that you might be late.
- Please make sure that the organizer knows where you are seated so that it is easy for him to get hold of you. I would prefer if all strategy gamers try and sit in the upstairs LAN area. Of course some of you are committed to other competitions and friends and you will sit elsewhere and that is fine by me.
- A schedule will be setup for the Supreme Commander competition, please comply with the schedule!
- Custom maps will not be allowed, only official Supreme Commander 2vs2 (4 Player) maps will be played with a size of less than 10x10km.
- Game time limit will be 50 minutes, with annihilation game type selected, so if your Commander dies you die!
9) What does the prize pool consist of?
- Most of my time goes into contacting various companies for sponsorship and I have been very successful every year to supply an abundance of quality prizes, so you can be sure that there will be plenty prizes to go around. Last year I had more than R10000 in prizes. 1st prize got a Z-Board plus special edition keyset, 3 EA games, and a gaming case. There where prizes up to 5th position.
These are some of the confirmed prizes thus far:
(25 September 2007, 7pm)
Intel Core2 Duo's E6550 @ 1333mhz Fsb. (R7000)
Hardware from Frontosa worth R8000.
Winner Vouchers for Hellgate London when it is released. (R 2000)
Winner Vouchers for C&C3 - Kains Wrath when it is released. (R1500)
C&C3 Kain Collectors Editions. (R1500)
EA Skate T-Shirts. (R 600)
Memoir 44 (R600)
1x Gigabyte See through Gaming Case. (R1000)
4x Coppies of World in Conflict. (R1400)
More games from MI Digital (R1500)
Games and figurines from TopCD (R2000)
Cash Prizes (R3000)
So we are up to R29100 already.
Positive Sponsor responses:
1) Frontosa - confirmed
2) Intel(SA) - confirmed
3) Boardgames.co.za - confirmed
4) MI Digital - confirmed
5) Electronic Arts - confirmed
6) Moore Stephens - confirmed
7) TopCD - confirmed
10) Where can I get more info?
- Please visit the NAG Forums for Rage 2007 for more information regarding the competition. If you require more info please contact me on 082 341 7274 or email@example.com (Remove the ### of course), details are listed in point 6. Rage is getting very close and I can’t wait see all of you on the Battlefield. Best of luck until then.
Your friend, organiser and fellow competitor,
Nico Fourie (Nictron)
Last edited by Nictron; 26-09-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Reason: Prize update
25-09-2007 Nictron said...
27-09-2007 Nictron said...
Ok All is set just came back from the dome, just look for the Command and Conquer and Supreme Commander Posters and red arrows, see you there!