User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Unisa Exam Past Papers

  1. #1

    Default Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Hey everybody! I dunno if anyone else on here goes through Unisa in anyway. But i found a site that has past papers. If i had found this site a bit earlier, say like 2 years ago, maybe i wouldn have struggled so hard.

    I could be wrong in saying that it only offers papers for Bcom and LLB students. but im sure you could just search for them.

    Linky Link Link

    Hope this helps... Good Luck for exams...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Generally, the questions in your assignment and in the study guide reappear in your exams. It's rare to be surprised by a question if you've revised properly. UNISA also doesn't allow for sharing of their papers for this reason, they just reuse their papers every few years.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    I know, but in my experience Unisa likes to ask questions that are neither in your study guide or you prescribed text books. Im not saying follow it religiously, im using them as a guideline. Besides, very seldom can you get official answers.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Ratha View Post
    I know, but in my experience Unisa likes to ask questions that are neither in your study guide or you prescribed text books. Im not saying follow it religiously, im using them as a guideline. Besides, very seldom can you get official answers.
    I suppose I'm talking from a BA perspective where everything is a repetition of the study guides and assignments. Guess the departments work differently.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    I did most of a BCom through UNISA and I'd say at least 60% of the questions in my exams were direct repeats from the textbooks, study guides or past papers - especially for the comparatively less flexible subjects like Com Law and Accounting. I can't really comment on third year though, that's about when I lost interest ;)

    With that in mind, this is a great find, Cloud_Ratha. I could have used this a few years ago. Even without official answers printing out a few of these and mulling over them in a study group is going to go a long way to properly prepare students for the exams, especially when combined with the study guides (but that should be a given).

  6. #6

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by GeometriX View Post
    I did most of a BCom through UNISA and I'd say at least 60% of the questions in my exams were direct repeats from the textbooks, study guides or past papers - especially for the comparatively less flexible subjects like Com Law and Accounting. I can't really comment on third year though, that's about when I lost interest ;)

    With that in mind, this is a great find, Cloud_Ratha. I could have used this a few years ago. Even without official answers printing out a few of these and mulling over them in a study group is going to go a long way to properly prepare students for the exams, especially when combined with the study guides (but that should be a given).
    I agree 100%. Just over half the papers are straight from study guides, tutorial letters, and assignments. But the always throw in a question that is nowhere to be found in ur books. This is where this comes in handy as you can see what applied indepth understandin type questions they ask! I start exams on the 12th, so it was good timing to stumble upon this :)

  7. #7

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Ooh, well my first exam is on the 15th and its my programming language, it’s good to hear that most of the questions come from the study guide, i was beginning to get a bit worried since I eh *cough* haven’t handing in a few assignments…

  8. #8

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Ooh, well my first exam is on the 15th and its my programming language, it’s good to hear that most of the questions come from the study guide, i was beginning to get a bit worried since I eh *cough* haven’t handing in a few assignments…
    Most modules require you to have submitted all compulsory assignments to gain entrance to the exam! Now that UNISA has started with the 3 exams per day, i know a lot of people writing 2/3 exams in the same day, thats ****ed up. I start tomorrow!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Ooh, well my first exam is on the 15th and its my programming language, it?s good to hear that most of the questions come from the study guide, i was beginning to get a bit worried since I eh *cough* haven?t handing in a few assignments?
    A fellow COS111U student?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakus View Post
    A fellow COS111U student?
    Ah :P yes i am doing the NDINL, and you?
    I've handed in most of my assignments but i got lazy on some of the 2nd ones. How are you faring with the study prep?
    Can you believe they're making us write at 8 in the morning, and i have another exam straight after that. Its madness i tell you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Ratha View Post
    Most modules require you to have submitted all compulsory assignments to gain entrance to the exam! Now that UNISA has started with the 3 exams per day, i know a lot of people writing 2/3 exams in the same day, thats ****ed up. I start tomorrow!
    Yeah i've done all (almost all) of the compulsory assignments, but i submit everything over myUnisa and 2 of the assigments i had to post, and well i never got around to doing it. Its actually still sitting on my desk at work, but they still admitted me to all of my exams so i'm not too worried. :) good luck for your exam
    Last edited by Dakota; 12-05-2009 at 12:50 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Ah :P yes i am doing the NDINL, and you?
    I've handed in most of my assignments but i got lazy on some of the 2nd ones. How are you faring with the study prep?
    Can you believe they're making us write at 8 in the morning, and i have another exam straight after that. Its madness i tell you.
    NDEEN-PIN. Doing well so far pushing/hoping for distinction. Need any help?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakus View Post
    NDEEN-PIN. Doing well so far pushing/hoping for distinction. Need any help?
    Oh cool, you also writing in parrow?
    Nah, i grasp the stuff pretty quickly, this semester has been a breeze i'm just damn lazy and with work and everything i fell a bit behind in C++, but i am almost up to speed again.
    Thanks for the offer tho ;) if i get stuck i'll let you know.
    Is COS111U your first exam?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Yes, after that it is ENN103F on the 26th

    After that it is a whole bunch of exams in Nov with CEM101 in between.
    Last edited by Drakus; 12-05-2009 at 09:14 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakus View Post
    Yes, after that it is ENN103F on the 26th
    Thats my birthday! :( im hate UNISA and this new 3 exams/day system! It has ****ed up everything!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Ces't la vie!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakus View Post
    Yes, after that it is ENN103F on the 26th

    After that it is a whole bunch of exams in Nov with CEM101 in between.
    :/ i havnt even started CEM101 yet..
    How did C++ go by the way?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Guys. I am currently doing a BCompt (Bachelor of accounting science) and am curious as to what the programming languages are like through UNISA? Ie, C++ etc.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    :/ i havnt even started CEM101 yet..
    How did C++ go by the way?
    Horrible, I did get good marks for my assignments doing the programming on PC. Now the exam is with pencil and paper. I'll probably have to redo it :/

    Lesson learned

    Quote Originally Posted by Antharias View Post
    Guys. I am currently doing a BCompt (Bachelor of accounting science) and am curious as to what the programming languages are like through UNISA? Ie, C++ etc.
    The language courses are excellent. The examples are very well laid outand the goals that you need to reach by a certain date is also given to you. Unisa is geared for correspondence in a way that helps you out tremendously. The only down point is the exam that needs to be done with pencil and paper.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakus View Post
    Horrible, I did get good marks for my assignments doing the programming on PC. Now the exam is with pencil and paper. I'll probably have to redo it :/

    Lesson learned



    The language courses are excellent. The examples are very well laid outand the goals that you need to reach by a certain date is also given to you. Unisa is geared for correspondence in a way that helps you out tremendously. The only down point is the exam that needs to be done with pencil and paper.
    My high school programming exams were like that. I recommend writing out a few practice programs on paper before the exam and getting someone (who knows what they're reading) to check it for you or check it yourself (though it's more difficult to get this right). Granted, I've never done more advanced programming but this worked for me.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Unisa Exam Past Papers

    Thanks I'll definitely practice programming on paper next time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •