Nice rig dude.
My preferred order of building a machine:
1) Board, CPU and RAM put together outside the case.
2) Prep the case - remove side panels (both sides, so the other side doesn't get scratched up), install copper screw stand things, remove front panel drive bay covers as necessary. Install motherboard IO shield and remove rear expansion bay covers as necessary.
3) Install PSU in case.
4) Install motherboard in case (hang the bulk of PSU cables outside the case so they don't get in the way).
5) Install optical drives and hard drives
6) Install expansion cards like video cards and whatnot
7) Connect everything up - power cables first so you can cable tie them down before they get in the way.
8) Close up the case, safe in the knowledge that everything will boot perfectly the first time.
Oddly enough that's not far off Zen's.