DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009
**IMPORTANT**A LAN COPY OF DEMIGOD WILL BE SUPPLIED AT THE EVENT! :)
1) Type of competition?
- The DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009 will be a Swiss style 3vs3
- The Swiss style competition will consist of 7 rounds, after which there will be play outs for
First, Second and Third spots.
- This means that you are more likely to play players of your same skill level as you progress
through the rounds.
2) Where will the competition be held?
- The competition will be held at the OPEN LAN @ Rage 2009, in the strategy @ Rage section, up
the escalators first block to your left.
3) What is the cost?
- Well of course you need access to the Rage OPEN LAN so you will need a LAN ticket. A R20 fee
will be levied to all contestants entering the DEMIGOD - 2vs2 Competition @ RAGE 2009 Open
LAN, this money will go into the final pot for the winners.
4) Where in the OPEN LAN will you find me?
- Considering that we are in the minority I would suggest that we sit in the allocated Strategy
@ RAGE section, up the escalators and left of the chill area, that way we will be quite close
together and easy to find. Those of you that register for the two events, Demigod 3vs3 and Red
Alert 3 - 2vs2 Competition, can contact me on 082 901 2691 or email@example.com I will
formally register you into the competition and reserve your seats close to my table. I need to
know your FULL NAME, GAMING NAME, PARTNER’S NAME, contact number and the competitions you are
entering, DEMIGOD 2vs2 and/or Demigod 3vs3.
There will be many posters and directions guiding you towards the registration table and the
preferred seating for the strategy section. VC and I can in no way guarantee that your seat
will stay reserved but I will try and accommodate you and your partner as much as possible.
VC and I will not take responsibility if some individual who thinks he is the King of Scotland
goes and ignores all reserved guidelines.
5) When does the DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009 start?
- The DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009 will start at 17:00 on Saturday 3
October and continue trough to Sunday.
- Note that you will be able to enter the OPEN LAN from 10am on the 2nd October. Please be
there early if you plan to get good seats. Be there very early if you want to make sure that
you are in early. Last year VC already had more than a 1000 gamers in the dome by 12. So it is
guaranteed to be busy, you have been warned!
6) When does registration for the DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009
- Registration for the competition will open immediately and you will have time until 18:30
Friday the 3rd of October to register for the competition, if there are any tournament seats
available. I will have various posters up to indicate the preferred seating area and also where
I will be seated. I should be easy to find. Go up the escalator and to your left past the chill
area in the first LAN Block, clearly marked with posters. You could e-mail me at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 082 901 2691 for more information. There will
be a set limit of seats available due to the Swiss style competition, so please let me know
before RAGE if you intend to enter the competition so that you are guaranteed a position.
7) What do you need to attend the DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009?
- R20 entrance fee per contestant that will be allocated to the winning pot.
- A capable PC to run DEMIGOD, a LAN copy of the game will be supplied.
- The latest patch for DEMIGOD. At this time it is Demigod v1.10 (1.10.122 on Impulse)
- The supplied copy will be fully patched to the latest version and supplied at the LAN.
- Please Uninstall DEMIGOD after the LAN is completed or you can support Stardock and buy the game.
- You must be available for the scheduled gaming times of the competition. If you can’t make it
in time and you communicate with me beforehand, then we could accommodate you as much as
8) DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009 rules?
- The latest patch for DEMIGOD. At this time it is Demigod v1.10 (1.19.130 on Impulse)
- A LAN copy will be supplied at the event, fully patched, so no need for Impulse, This copy is for LAN use only and must be uninstalled after the event, or you can support Stardock and buy the game after the event.
- No trainers or cheats will be allowed, cheaters will be disqualified with immediate effect.
- No FAVOR points allowed. Disable FAVOR points.
- If you are late for your scheduled match you will be disqualified and the win will be given
to your opponent, unless you have organized with the organizer that you might be late.
- Please make sure that the organizer knows where you are seated so that it is easy for him to
get hold of you.
- I would prefer if all strategy gamers try and sit in the upstairs STRATEGY LAN area. Of
course some of you are committed to other competitions and friends and you might sit elsewhere
and that is fine by me, just inform me where you are seated so that I can accommodate people
looking for you.
- A schedule will be setup for the DEMIGOD 3vs3 - OPEN LAN Competition @ RAGE 2009, please
comply with the schedule!
- Fog of War = ON
- Timeouts = Three
- Game Speed = Normal
- Favor Items = Not Allowed
- Spawn Rate = Normal
- War Rank Starting Level = Rank 1
- Death Penalty = Normal
- Tower Strength = Normal
- Grunt Strength = Normal
- Experience Rate = Normal
- Starting Level = Level 1
- Gold Income = Normal
- Starting Gold = Normal
- War Score Rate = Normal
- Game time limit will be 50 minutes real-time.
- Please save all game replays in case of any disputes.
- Standard Game type
9) What does the prize pool consist of?
- Most of my time goes into contacting various companies for sponsorship and I have been very
successful every year to supply an abundance of quality prizes, so you can be sure that there
will be plenty prizes to go around.
1st Prize: Each of the winners will get a Quad Core Processor + Intel Motherboard (R12 000)
2nd Prize: Each Player will receive a certificate entitling them to a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate when released, plus each player will get a copy of AION the new MMO. (R11 500)
3rd Prize: Each Player will receive a certificate entitling them a copy of the new Modern Warfare PC Game, plus R500 for each team member (R3000)
4th Prize: Each player will get a copy of AION the new MMO. (R1000)
Thank you to our confirmed sponsors INTEL and MICROSOFT and MEGAROM.
*Prize structure might change leading up to the event!
10) Confirmed Entries:
Team 1: Reforged, Byakuya & Maginini
Team 2: Cranzy, BattleMoose & Midian
Team 3: Vexo, Oblix & Infidel
Team 4: Nictron, DragonJer & GenZaroff
Team 5: SNE3KSHOT, Shadow_Hunt3r, Rusty
Team 6: Jfreak, Viper and Cyclode
Best of luck and I am looking forward to meet all of you. There will be fun to be had, due to
the nature of the schedule you should have a good time playing players of the same skill as
yourself, this should ensure maximum enjoyment. Also don't worry about the prizes too much as I
have been able to organize lots in the past so even if you come in a little lower there might
be something for you.
Your organizer and fellow gamer.
Nico (Nictron) Fourie
Contact: 082 901 2691