Heeeeeeeeeeeeey everyone! Welcome back to another HARD MODE thread! This time I'll be doing:
BUT! I'm changing the rules up a bit this time, for more interesting and challenging play.
1. Three strikes rule is now two strikes. Allows me to survive complete blowouts early, but has a greater level of danger.
2. One pokemon per route, must be the first one I encounter. UNLESS:
3. No pokemon of the same species, ever. If I encounter another Geodude in a cave, but already have had a Geodude or its evolutions, I cannot capture it. Fainted and dead pokemon count as well. If I ever had a Geodude, I will never be able to catch one again. If the first pokemon in a route is one I've already captured, then the next pokemon I haven't captured before becomes the pokemon I can capture on that route. This will allow a greater diversity in teams, and if any pokemon faint I can't just go to a route that I haven't been where that pokemon is common to catch another. Which brings me to:
4. NO BREEDING. Ditto shows up quite early in the game, but I'm saying I will not breed pokemon, as this just allows me to create an army of replacements.
5. No Trading, unless it is required for evolution. Trade Evolution of pokemon must be at least 5 levels apart from its previous evolution. IE: I can only evolve Haunter at level 30, because haunter evolved from Gastly at 25.
This time, Professor Oak introduces me to the wonders of Pokemon! He explains that these creatures inhabit the world and he studies them, and some people grow closer to their pokemon by battling.
He then asks me if I'm a boy or a girl. RAGE FACE.
I'm a girl damnit! Look at my hat! My twintails! My overalls! Damnit. I'm Proxy!
Ima set that psycho bitch Paradox on him if he doesn't apologize, I have her number! Though I haven't heard from her in a while...
And I wake up! It was just a dream! Funny dream, that. I get up and dressed and head down, and my mom tells me Professor Elm wants to see me, and needs my help with something. She gives me my bag and Trainer card and sends me on my way.
Outside, a Marill bumps into me! Ow. It gets a little confused and runs off to Ethan in the distance, and he walks off. I head over to Prof. Elm's place, and notice someone suspicious around the corner...
He sees me and panics, and runs away. Eh? What was that all about. I head inside the lab. Elm greets me and wants to ask me a favor, two, actually. Mr. Pokemon on route 30 has an egg for him, one not found in Johto, and he wants me to go get it. His other favor is that he wants me to take care of one of three pokemon, and raise them outside their pokeballs to see how that effects their growth. Sure! Mah very first pokemon! Yaaaay!
Hmm, lets see... We have a tiny crocodile, cute! But what else... a funny thing with a leaf on its head... errr....
cutest. thing. ever. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I choose cyndaquil! I call him Quils :3 Huggle times! :3
After coming to from a huggle induced coma, I head out and Ethan is there waiting, he tells me I should probably tell my mom where I'm going, and congratulates me on getting my first pokemon. His marill runs about and he chases after it. I head back home and pick up my Pokegear - a phone-like device with many functions... currently only a phone. I get Elm's number on my way out of town.
Lets go, Quils!
I head through route 29, battling pidgey and rattattattattatata on the way, and enter Cherrygrove town, and an old man stops me. He tells me he was a trainer once, and shows me around town, and gives me some Running Shoes and a Map Card for my pokegear! Yay free stuff! I then head north into Route 30, still battling hordes of Rattatta and pidgey @.@
Eventually I get to Mr. Pokemon's house, and he welcomes me inside. He gives me the egg and heals my pokemon, and then introduces me to Professor Oak. Professor Oak is impressed by how happy Quils is, and gives me a Pokedex and his number - MORE FREE STUFF!
I head out and get a phone call from Elm! Something has happened in the lab and I must get there quick! I rush past route 30 and Cherrygrove, and run head first into someone.
Flustered he gets up, and throws a pokeball, demanding a battle! Onoez!
Despite the surprise attack, Quils manages to beat the Totodile, and the red haired boy drops his trainer card. I see his name - Silver, but he snatches it back. Fine then! Be that way, I have to get going anyway! :<
When I get back to Elm's lab, he tells me that one of his pokemon has been stolen! The cop accuses me of taking it, since I came back to the crime scene, but then Ethan comes in and tells him that he saw a red haired boy hanging about the lab. I dun want Silver to go to jail, you don't know what they do to guys like him! Onoez! I lie and tell them something else, and the cop leaves...
Ethan gives me some pokeballs and shows me how to catch a wild pokemon, so I head just north of route 29 to route 46, and catch...
A Geodude! The Dude abides.
NEXT TIME ON POKESOUL: HARD MODE: PART 2: SPROUTING WINGS
New Bark Town: Quils (Cyndaquil) 8
Route 46: The Dude (Geodude) 4