User Tag List

Thread: Lan Dungeon Siege 2 on Win7

Default Lan Dungeon Siege 2 on Win7

Hey, I recently stubled apon a copy of dungeon siege 2, and as I enjoyed the first one I decided to buy it.

Now I am trying to Lan it, but it does not seem to want to work.

When it comes to lanning I am usually the host so set up the sever, my brother joined the lobby, but when a click start, I start to load the game, but nothing happens on his side. Eventually a message comes up sayinf "Failed to aquire direct connection to host".

I am running Windows 7, and he is running XP.

When he hosts we don't seem to have any problems, but this is only a teporary solution as he will be upgrading to 7 soon

Any help and suggestion will be greatly apprechiated, thanks.

Default Re: Lan Dungeon Siege 2 on Win7

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wstr1k3 View Post
    Hey, I recently stubled apon a copy of dungeon siege 2, and as I enjoyed the first one I decided to buy it.

Now I am trying to Lan it, but it does not seem to want to work.

When it comes to lanning I am usually the host so set up the sever, my brother joined the lobby, but when a click start, I start to load the game, but nothing happens on his side. Eventually a message comes up sayinf "Failed to aquire direct connection to host".

I am running Windows 7, and he is running XP.

When he hosts we don't seem to have any problems, but this is only a teporary solution as he will be upgrading to 7 soon

Any help and suggestion will be greatly apprechiated, thanks.
    Sounds like a firewall issue, try turning yours off on Windows 7 and see if it makes a difference.

Well, Make sure your firewall is off or you unblocked the game. Also sometimes when your internet connection is on it won't let you host, turn your connection off see if that helps

It is on the exception list, but every time I select multiplayer from the main menu, it asks me to unblock again (with an in-game promt). I did also try with the firewall off completely, and I'm not connected to the internet.

Good luck with this game. Me and a few friends tried it last year (all had XP), and no matter what we tried, we couldn't get into the host's game. We could reach the lobby, but whenever he started we just dropped out.

Like I said, I can join his game, but he can't join mine...

We running V2.00, if it has any relivence

Thanks, but er, the patch doesn't want to install, it unzips then, nothing. Any ideas, I googled briefly but so far nothing.

Are you running 64 bit or 32 bit? Navigate to - C:\Users\your Username\AppData\Local\Temp and the update is gpgupdate. Try Change your compatibility Settings and run as administrator I had no Luck, I am running 64 bit.