Alan Kertz, the design lead of Battlefield 3 has been interacting with the community quiet a bit since the game got announced. What’s his chosen medium of communication? Twitter ofcourse.
The man disclosed a host of brief yet important details regarding their upcoming shooter and also answered how they plan to beat Call of Duty with Battlefield 3.
When asked how they plan to beat CoD and if they are going to take any cues from it by a fan, the man said:
You don’t kill COD by trying to be COD. You kill COD by making a better shooter.
Well, that says a lot and we hope that they can indeed create an experience which is superior to the now stagnating “Call of Duty” one.
This not all that he said though, Kerzt, disclosed quiet a few tidbits regarding the game while answering questions thrown by fans.
We’ve collected some important ones for you below:
* Prone is confirmed for all three platforms
* Tracers are confirmed.
* MoH MP and BC2 used the same weapon and FOV systems… BF3 is an upgraded version
* You can expect awesome destruction effect and vehicle details in the game.
* Consoles will be able to get the Limited Edition too.
* Friendly fire is an option
* No grappling hook or zipline will be there in the game.
* Vehicle Infantry balance is a huge focus
* Pre-ordering automatically gets you the Limited Edition of the game without any extra-charge.
* Dolphin Driving is out
The game will be shown for the first time at GDC in San Francisco at the end of this month.