Right, here we go. All PMs have been sent, all important roles notified. I'll use this first post to keep a summary of what's happened so far, and update it to reflect the current state of the game.
Player list, in signup order:
4 players alive.Wight
5h@un13(Cult of Dawn)
Drakus(Cult of Groves)
CyNiKiLL(Cult of Dawn)
Mic(Cult of Dusk)
Ro$hi(Cult of Dusk)
Garson007(Cult of Dusk)
Chevron(Cult of Dusk)
Obi Two Kenobi(Innocent)
brazed(Cult of Groves)
nukehead(Cult of Groves)
Zoop(Cult of Dusk)
Chainsaw(Cult of Dawn)
RayRay(Cult of Dawn)
pArkEr(Cult of Dawn)
Sir PaniCore(Cult of Dusk)
vii(Cult of Dawn)
Cult of Dawn eliminated
Cult of Dusk eliminated
Cult of Groves eliminated
Town victory! - Roles revealed
Latest headline: Bittersweet victory
- Unknown man found killed in forest clearing - cult activity suspected
- Geometrix lynched by townspeople (innocent)
- vii slain by the Cult of Dusk (Cult of Dawn)
- Sir PaniCore lynched by townspeople (Cult of Dusk)
- Repline slain by the Cult of Dawn (Innocent)
- pArkEr assassinated by a mysterious benefactor (Cult of Dawn)
- x-scon lynched by townspeople (Innocent)
- 01DT!m3r slain by the Cult of Dawn (Innocent)
- Cleric assassinated by a mysterious benefactor (Innocent)
- RayRay lynched by townspeople (Cult of Dawn)
- Nothing happened
- Garson007 elected as Mayor.
- Demikid lynched by townspeople (Innocent)
- The Dash mysteriously survives attack from Cult of Dusk.
- Chainsaw lynched by townspeople (Cult of Dawn)
- Toxxyc slain by the Cult of Dawn. (Innocent)
- Zoop lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Dusk)
- Nukehead slain by the Cult of Dawn. (Cult of Groves)
- brazed lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Groves)
- hawk slain by the Cult of Dusk. (Innocent)
- Grimnebulin elected as Mayor.
- Obi Two Kenobi lynched by townspeople. (Innocent)
- .:Enigma:. slain by the Cult of Dawn. (Innocent)
- gordanfreeman50 lynched by townspeople. (Innocent)
- EndKreator slain by the Cult of Dusk. (Innocent)
- Chevron lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Dusk)
- echo slain by the Cult of Dusk. (Innocent)
- Garson007 lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Dusk)
- cr@zydude slain by the Cult of Dawn. (Innocent)
- CyNiKiLL elected as Mayor.
- Ro$hi lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Dusk)
- Grimnebulin slain by the Cult of Dusk (Innocent)
- Mic lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Dusk)
- Cult of Dusk eliminated.
- Mic slain by the Cult of Dawn. (Cult of Dusk)
- Mikit0707 committed suicide. (Innocent)
- CyNiKiLL committed suicide. (Cult of Dawn)
- Drakus lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Groves)
- T_Kill3r slain by the Cult of Dawn.
- 5h@un13 lynched by townspeople. (Cult of Dawn)
- Town victory
If you haven't received a PM, you play as a normal villager. If you have, you already know your role.
For clarification, all roles and allegiances were selected entirely at random. Again, I stress that the only reason I asked for people's game experience and forum activity is so that I could pick the best liaison out of the randomly selected group. It did not make them any more likely to have a special role.
Basic rules, for the new guys, somewhat plagiarised from the previous game oh-so long ago.
The game has two phases. ‘Night’, when all the nefarious (and perhaps some friendly) people perform their deeds, and ‘day’, the time when accusations fly and votes to lynch are made. After the daytime deadline, at 6, I’ll tally the votes, and someone will die. Probably. Mob justice is unpredictable.
After that, we’ll have the night phase, where all the parties that have a night-time action will send me their targets (or whatever else it is they do at night ;) ) and at about 10 o’clock, everything will be wrapped up and the results of that evening’s events will be posted. The night-time folks don’t have to wait till after 6 to send me their actions. As long as the relevant messages are sent sometime on that day I’ll accept them. It may be beneficial to know who is lynched that day, though, so I don’t recommend being hasty with your night-time antics if at all possible.
The villagers win when all the baddies are dead. Any players with exceptions to this victory rule will have been informed via PM. Some victories may not be mutually exclusive.
Feel free to lie, to deceive, to claim roles (truthfully or not), but one thing IS prohibited: Do not quote (or attempt to quote) anything from a PM I have sent you about your role. Assume that those PMs were never sent, and that you simply ‘knew’ what role you had to play. Everything else is fair game.
Finally, private conversations amongst anyone BUT those on the ‘evil’ side are also strongly discouraged. There’s no way to enforce this, and it’s not truly game breaking, but know that the game is all about the interactions between players. Trading words and accusations in private lessens the information available that may help your side. For all intents and purposes, it is considered cheating.
The time schedule's going to be a little different from last time. Daytime activities (votes to lynch, etc), will run till 6. This is a strict deadline, for everyone's sake. I'll make the summary post at around 7, or as close to 7 as possible. Night-time activities have their deadline at 9, also strict, though everyone with night-time activities will have been notified of this in their role PM too. The night-summary post will probably happen at around 10. Any time before the deadline is acceptable for the action to be considered, though, again, night-time folks will probably want to see the results of the daytime activities if at all possible.
The game will start when I make the opening post, probably around midnight. All relevant information will be provided in story posts. Everything else is a secret. Unless someone gives it away. Did I say there was a secret? There's no secret.
Good luck, play fair. It's lynchtiemz.