User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tolling Project

Default Re: E-Tolling Project

You don't have to give them your bank details. You can pre-fund the card, which is definitely the way to go if you are going to give in. No way another govt dept is getting my bank details.

I feel sorry for you guys in Gauteng , i really do . Do people from out of GP also have to pay if you use that road?

Seriously what are they going to do if you dont pay,say you are unemployed and have no money what can they really do to you .

I hear on the news that Cosatu is planning more mass action against this , will this help at all to stop it or just be ignored as per usual by the A.N.C ? What happened to "we listen to what the people want " ?

Quote Originally Posted by wisp View Post
    I feel sorry for you guys in Gauteng , i really do . Do people from out of GP also have to pay if you use that road?
    Yeah, everyone pays. If you're from out of GP you can buy a temporary pass, which you may only use a specified number of days in a month's time, and then it falls invalid. If you don't buy a temporary pass, you'll be billed otherwise somehow, just don't know how. Different municipalities, guess they'll avoid working together.

What about us foreigners?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    What about us foreigners?
    The bill gets attached to the license plate of the car you are driving.

Meaning that when you recieve your annual license renewal in the mail, you'll have to pay any outstanding fees before you can renew it for the next year. Bastards!

As far as I know, Sanral has nothing to do with the vehicle licence department, so they can't collect any outstanding fees.
    I hardly drive on the N1 where the E-tolls are anyway, so I'll just avoid it easier, but the thing that gripes me the most is that the mofusob taxis - the worst drivers on the road; doesn't have to pay a cent. Drive like a doos and receive a stretch of prime highway.

P.S. I almost rolled my rental car this week when I passed an E-toll. The freekin loudest beep ever! And if you don't expect it ...

When you mentioned the beep - What do you do when the tag's batteries go low? When do you start replacing it? How will you know until it simply fails and you have to pay **** prices for your stretch of road?

Like I said, it's a rental car. I have no idea how the thing works or where they even hid it. All I know is, you'll know exactly when Sanral is screwing you with each beep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaray View Post
    P.S. I almost rolled my rental car this week when I passed an E-toll. The freekin loudest beep ever! And if you don't expect it ...
    On the same note those lights are really irritating when driving at night, it hurts my eyes.

AfriForum joins e-toll battle
    Kriel said the Competition Act stated that no company was allowed to abuse its position of dominance to impose excessive charges.

He urged road users not to submit to Sanral's "intimidation tactics", and asked the public to "wait for the outcome of the proposed legal action of AfriForum and other groups before deciding whether to register for e-tolling".
    Kriel said AfriForum had decided not to register its vehicles, adding that "if enough motorists do not register in protest against the system, it will force Sanral to reconsider e-tolling as a non-cost-effective collection mechanism".
    I really hope that every other party takes SANRAL to court. Let this thing die in the red tape of the court.
    Oh and I really hope that the massive office building they errected next to the N1 gets donated to become a shelter or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoRPA View Post
    I really hope that the massive office building they errected next to the N1 gets donated to become a shelter or something.
    Good idea, though not practical. Imagine a bunch of homeless semi-drunks next to the highway...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Good idea, though not practical. Imagine a bunch of homeless semi-drunks next to the highway...
    Dirty Mike and the boys' new hangout place. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
    And that's the problem. For something like this to work, everyone would have to participate. I hardly think they'd prosecute 300 000 people. It's probably the most effective way for the country to show that it's fed-up with the ANC's bull****.

Sadly, I would be scared to do it too, unless I'm dead sure enough people are doing it so that the ANC wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
    I'm F***ing tired of our hard earned money going towards all the government workers (that don't work much/at all) that earn twice as much as we earn. Why not rather put the money of jetting our president around towards these roads.
    Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa has denied newspaper claims that nearly R200 000 from a crime intelligence fund was used to make renovations to his KwaZulu-Natal home.

SO, Zuma signed it ... it's starting this Nov sometime. Here is a little something in case you're having a good day ...

Well, the cost of living has just shot up.

Please remind yourself of tollgate etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaray View Post
    Here is a little something in case you're having a good day ...
    Thanks for ruining my good day!

I was having a terrible day already thanks :P

Necro post for relevance.

Etolling comes alive at midnight tonight. Anyone bought the tags of fail?