User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAG April 2012 Issue

Default NAG April 2012 Issue

It's our birthday, and everyone gets cake*! For 14 years, NAG has been dedicated to bringing you, dearest readers, the best that this glorious gaming life has to offer: technology, games and all the gloriously random stuff in between. And, if we do say so ourselves, the years have been mighty kind to us. We're growing ever more handsome as we power onwards.

We're jam-packed with a pleasing mix of everything this month. Our reviews section boasts dissections of Mass Effect 3, Soul Calibur V, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Syndicate, UFC Undisputed 3, Binary Domain, Gotham City Impostors and more. We preview Street Fighter X Tekken, PlanetSide 2, Tribes: Ascend (ah, jetpacks: we do love you so very, very much) and others.

Our hardware section demands your attention, with reviews of Sony's powerful portable contender, the PlayStation Vita, Intel's Core i7-3930K and the Big Bang-XPower II from MSI. Our Dream Machine is kitted out with an all-new beast of a GPU, and we test a whole bunch of these new-fangled tablet thingies to guide potential buyers in the right direction.

We're rolling in marvellous features to celebrate our 14th year on this planet. We brave scary planes and weird-looking airline food to bring you in-depth looks at Max Payne 3, the real X-COM remake and our cover-featured game, Prototype 2. We aim to get you started on the path to becoming the next great indie developer, while simultaneously boasting about the top eight reasons why this job makes us supremely happy.

You can get your eager hands on all this and more in the April issue of NAG, which crash-lands on store shelves this Thursday, the 29th of March.

Happy birthday to us YAY!

*Nobody actually gets cake. Except maybe us. Maximum apologies. :(

Click here for the contents PDF [250 KB]

Default Re: NAG April 2012 Issue

Happy birthday! Thanks for 14 years of awesomeness. Looking forward to this issue. Not a big fan of Prototype though, was actually expecting a Mass Effect cover but I'll forgive you....for now.....

Quote Originally Posted by -Bouncer- View Post
    Happy birthday! Thanks for 14 years of awesomeness. Looking forward to this issue. Not a big fan of Prototype though, was actually expecting a Mass Effect cover but I'll forgive you....for now.....
    Yeah me too. However I expect a Diablo 3 cover for May so I don't think Mass Effect will make it to cover.
    Should be picking this one up over the weekend

We already had a Diablo III cover, like, a few months ago*. Also, we wouldn't have a Mass Effect cover for this issue because the game's already out.

*September 2011 issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GeometriX View Post
    We already had a Diablo III cover, like, a few months ago*. Also, we wouldn't have a Mass Effect cover for this issue because the game's already out.

*September 2011 issue.
    ya but like you said that was like months ago lol. Besides the game comes out in May so thats why I figured it would be a good cover choice. But then again I'm not really a fan of Mass Effect either :)

Yes, but Diablo's already been done, so it won't be done again.

We don't work like that with ME, though. Our cover features are almost always previews. The last time we had a cover feature review was Doom 3 :P

We don't work like that with ME, though. Our cover features are almost always previews. The last time we had a cover feature review was Doom 3 :P
    Diablo III's already been done twice has it not...? :P

Anyway, I'm hoping to pick up this issue actually. Prototype 2 looks cool, like something I'd like to play. Also, I want to read the preview on Tribes, I can't get the hang of the game at all. I suck and I struggle, I can't get kills and I get shot to pieces by these fast friggin' guys. Bleh.

EDIT: LOVE the new look of the contents page. Looks so...light and technical!
    Last edited by Toxxyc; 28-03-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Was not the Halo Reach one a review cover?

@Toxxyc: You're quite right, it has been done twice. I completely forgot about that first one. S'pose I'm a bit bias since I wrote the second cover feature and obviously consider it to be vastly superior :P

@OllieTheDog: You're right as well, actually. Damnit :P

When does subscription magazines get mailed?

So I walked into CNA today and to my delight they had the new NAG on shelves. Obviously I bought it. I really loved the article on X-Com and despite the fact that I don't like the cover, I really like this issue.

Oh and it's the CNA at Somerset Mall, Somerset West.

Happy Birthday, NAG.

This is my first post on the NAG forums, as I've just registered. I don't why it took me so long, because I've been collecting NAG for almost 12 years now.

One of these days I will take a picture of all the NAG magazines I have and send it to you guys, you know, as a birthday gift. :D

Keep up the great work!

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST LAID OUT ISSUE OF NAG EVER.
    The new look is great and the text is a pleasure to read. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by malmarius View Post
    THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST LAID OUT ISSUE OF NAG EVER.
    This ^. I love the new look, its so modern and shmexy.

I would like to say that there were 2 Screw Attack videos on this months NAG that were on last months too. Hmm...

Rushed into CNA here for the mag just to find...nothing! =( Thank gawd the Spar had it. Also loving the new look mag (Good job you lot). Pitty we can't enter for both the box of crap and gaming pc. Had to ponder a while which one to choose.

Midlands area (Spar, Petrol Stations, CNA Hilton+Midlands Mall) still showing the Jan issue, missed the Feb issue (maybe it just sold out, but first one I've missed since NAG started) and now waiting on the April issue.

:(

Quote Originally Posted by James Donaldson View Post
    Midlands area (Spar, Petrol Stations, CNA Hilton+Midlands Mall) still showing the Jan issue, missed the Feb issue (maybe it just sold out, but first one I've missed since NAG started) and now waiting on the April issue.

:(
    The Woolworths at Hilton Quarry has loads of copies; I was there this morning.

Guys, please bear in mind that with our new distributors, you may find that our magazine is in the same stores that it usually is but is on a different shelf. Be sure to ask the sales staff for the magazine and if they can't help you, speak to the store's manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikit0707 View Post
    The Woolworths at Hilton Quarry has loads of copies; I was there this morning.
    Thanks, my sister works in the offices up from there, I'll ask her to pick it up for me. :D

I don't read NAG, but congrats on the anniversary.