User Tag List

Thread: 3DS Technical troubles

Default 3DS Technical troubles

Hi, I've recently acquired my 3DS, and I've set up the wireless internet connection at home. I have downloaded the latest updates. But for some reason the Nintendo Eshop fails to connect to the server. I believe this is because I need to open the neccesary ports in the firewall but I've searched all over and have not found any answers. Any help?

Sorry if there was already such a thread I have searched but found nothing.

Default Re: 3DS Technical troubles

If your router hasn't had ports blocked then that shouldn't be the issue. I've seen elsewhere that the eShop is down for multiple regions. You may have to change your region/location on the console before you're even able to log in.

The NAG staff do have a 3DS unit AFAIK, so maybe one of them will see this thread and be able to tell you how they got it working.

I did notice that there is nothing about the Eshop on the SA Nintendo website, but whether this is relevant I'm not sure. The ports are blocked, when I got xbox live we had to open a few, thats why my theory was that it was the ports.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTNA View Post
    I did notice that there is nothing about the Eshop on the SA Nintendo website, but whether this is relevant I'm not sure. The ports are blocked, when I got xbox live we had to open a few, thats why my theory was that it was the ports.
    The eShop should use HTTPS for communication, in which case ports 80 and 81 need to be opened by default. For online play I'm not sure as various games use different ports.

http://www.nintendo.co.za/NOE/en_ZA/...hop_30868.html
    Sorry found the answer now, it's in the yellow fine print on the bottom of this link. I was retarded not to notice but then again it's so small they should make that clearer.
    *EDIT* Sorry I lost the link. Thats the wrong one. But it seems all you need to do is change your reegion for now.

Sorry for the double post I tried changing the region and it still didn't work?

Which region did you change it to?

I changed it to England?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTNA View Post
    I changed it to England?
    Try an actual European country like Germany, or even Australia.

I used United Kingdom aswell as Australia, both failed to connect to the server.