User Tag List

Thread: NAG May 2012 Issue

Default NAG May 2012 Issue

It's May already! It's almost as if the passing of time is a natural thing.

Our May issue is brimming with deliciousness, starting with our cover feature on what happens when Assassin's Creed jumps on a ship headed in the direction of America. It looks hot, to say the least. We look at the top eight games you need to be obsessed with this year, and provide a peek at all manner of gaming lifestyle doohickies that you might want to get your hands on. Darksiders II gets us excited about Death. Epic Mickey 2 gets us excited about rabbits and twosomes. And our motherboard roundup gets us excited about, well... motherboards.

Be sure to check out our mega-exclusive review of Prototype 2, filled with explosions and tendrils and people going splat in countless, gloriously gruesome ways. Journey makes us fall in love with strangers (and wonder what it is we've done wrong when they inevitably leave us), Armored Core V delivers the mech-tastic action, Twisted Metal gets violence in our ice-cream and SSX shreds the powder, maaaaan.

Our previews this month include Sleeping Dogs (aka Hong Kong-flavoured Grand Theft Auto) and the resulting lunacy/fun times that naturally occur when TrackMania's ideals get plastered onto the FPS face of ShootMania Storm. Hardware gets its GPU on with the ASUS GeFORCE GTX 680 and GIGABYTE RADEON R7870C-2GD. Asrock surprises us with their X79 Fatal1ty Professional motherboard, and Acer's Aspire S3 ultrabook hopes to show all those tablets what it's made of.

You'll find all these wonderful things and more in the May issue of NAG. Be sure to look out for the magazine on Zinio as well, where we'll have (or already do have, depending on when you're reading this) an exclusive digital bonus cover.

Click here for the contents PDF [399 KB]

Default Re: NAG May 2012 Issue

Totally amped for this issue. I really appreciate that you guys a doing an AC3 preview and all, but did you have to zoom into his face so much? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Ominous View Post
    Totally amped for this issue. I really appreciate that you guys a doing an AC3 preview and all, but did you have to zoom into his face so much? :)
    They don't "make" the cover art, they just get an image and the permission to use it. When the game releases, you'll have all the time in the world to look at Connor's body... :P

Okay cool :P

I won letter of the Month!!\0/
    Thank you Nag very, very much!
    Halfway through the Witcher 2 and cant wait to get my hands on Prototype 2!

Congrats, you so damn lucky dude. I've been trying that pot of gold for a lifetime.

Awesome! So when are we expecting it to be on the shelves this week?

On shelves this Thursday, although some readers over on Facebook are saying they've found it in certain stores already.

Gods damn it! I still haven't read the April issue. Or May, for that matter. They're just gathering dust on my shelf. :<

finally read the may issue those pictures of death in the darksiders II feature were awesome.

Loved the stylish Darksiders II feature, and the free Wing Commander game is simply priceless!!! The AC III feature is also very detailed, and the new direction the series is taking made me realise once again why I won't be buying it.

PS: Jack Van der Merwe is a perfect example why not anyone should attempt to write a game review, LOL!

My copy of the magazine has still not arrived which includes my dad's magazine's as well.His were suppose to have arrived about 20 days ago.......If it has not arrived tomorrow I will email subs for a replacement. :(
    Last edited by maxdamage; 08-05-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    My copy of the magazine has still not arrived which includes my dad's magazine's as well.His were suppose to have arrived about 20 days ago.......If it has not arrived tomorrow I will email subs for a replacement. :(
    Sent an email to the subs department but the replacement copy will never arrive just like the original one.The postal sorting department that sorts the post for delivery to the individual houses are on strike as well as the postal delivery workers.A number of people have not received post in over 3 months.The strike will continue which means it could carry on for the next 6 months if they choose to do so which means the post will just pile up on the floor at the sorting department for houses for a long time and recently the sorting department was trashed by the striking workers....

Only the sorting department for post office boxes haven't been affected here in Krugersdorp. :(
    Last edited by maxdamage; 22-05-2012 at 02:16 AM.