User Tag List

Thread: The Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Thread

Default The Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Thread

Did a search and didn't find another thread like this so I decided to start this one. As you guys know, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is coming out in a few months time. I'm currently playing the Multiplayer BETA on Xbox LIVE and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The game is very fast paced and makes for some good squad based action. The Multiplayer is objective based (similar to BF3's Rush mode only in Third-Person this time) and changes overtime. Otherwise, the gameplay is addictive and I can't wait to see how the final product turns out.

Default Re: The Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Thread

Got an invite as well for the beta but I don't have a 360 no more :P

Is the beta available on the PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Got an invite as well for the beta but I don't have a 360 no more :P

Is the beta available on the PS3?
    Yes, it's available on all consoles

One BIG question: Will the console version be the same as the PC version?? I'm thinking of buying the X360 version, if only for split screen, but I remember that Ghost Recon 2 on console was only a shadow of the brilliant PC version...

Ghost Recon Future Soldier Guerrilla Mode

I saw some video trailers for this on this months NAG disc. Ja, ja, everyone's making their own version of Horde (which real awesome pros like me will tell you is just Gears of Wars own version of Crimsonland) but I don't mind at all, because I love Horde, Firefight, Treyarch Zombies, Survival, Undead Overrun and I adore Crimsonland, so I'm really amped to check out Guerrilla Mode.

OK, I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and when it eventually sneaked up on me, (pun intended) I was unprepared, having just bought Max Payne 3, but I bit my lip and got it as well. I'm on mission 6 now, and here's my impressions of the SP campaign so far:

1. From the get go, this game oozes quality. The controls feel smooth. responsive and polished, and the dash-cover system works very well.

2. The sound effects are absolutely superb, and the game even installs the sound separately before you start playing. This is the first X360 game that truly uses my surround sound, and the weapons TALK when you fire them. In the middle of a sand storm, it feels like you are there.

3. The graphics aren't jaw dropping, but totally on par, except for some washed out scenes here and there. The cut scenes could use some more polish, faces look waxed and unnatural, and the satellite images and maps during briefings look really ugly. However, the smoke effects in the game are awesome. There is also a 3D option that I want to try out later.

4. The game has a fresh and innovative take on the combat scene, and the game play is tons of fun. New game mechanics like sync-shot, where you mark up to four enemies with the drone, then shoot simultaneously, or a sensor that you throw into the scene to light up all the enemies, then shoot them through walls. The "invisible camo" also works well, and really makes you feel like a Ghost. You don't control your AI buddies anymore, but they are smart, independent and very clever, and it's an absolute pleasure to work with them.

5. New and interesting gadgets are introduced with every mission, and you can't wait to see what's next. Levels are scripted, but each level is still a mini sandbox, so you have to figure out the best way to get from point A to B. Mostly you have the choice to go silent or violent, but once they detect you, the enemy AI will rain hell on you, so the game encourages you to be a Ghost. Some levels force you to go undetected, and this is where "sync-shot", with drone and sensor gadgets work brilliantly, and forces you to think tactical.

6. The "Gunsmith" is the most detailed and sophisticated weapon mod system I've ever seen in a game. An "exploded" view of your weapon lets you swap out every single part, from the trigger to the gas chamber, and upgrades are unlocked by completing challenges, or some as you progress through the game. This adds a lot to the replay value.

Having lots of fun with this game so far, and I think this is a must play for any fan of stealth gaming. Or any fan of tactical third person combat, for that matter. Will post some more after I finished it.

Just want to confirm if this game was worth it. Takealot.com is still selling the Signature Edition.

It was meh. I had fun but I haven't touched it since. However the gunsmith thing was fun in mp. Also had a few local co-op options on console. Pay no more than R100 for it.

The bugs in this game are numorous before they patched the **** out of it. And them updates aren't small. The second update takes about 30 minutes to install O_O and on top of that the game was terribly optimized for the PC as in the devs threw their arms in the air and declared "who gives a ****".

And on top of that the Mouse and Keyboard controls are awful, definitely a 360 gamepad game.

But other than that the campaign was enjoyable and playing Guerrilla Mode with 3 friends is still lots of fun if you can look past it's many, MANY blemishes. A diamond in the rough if you will. I don't know why but ever since Far Cry 2 I enjoy shooting afrikaans people in games :P Never touched the MP in the game so I can't comment on that. Oh and the gun customiser is every gun nut's wet dream.