User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black ops 2 revealed and uhm...ya

Default Black ops 2 revealed and uhm...ya

So it's Treyarch turn again for a COD game and they went all out. This trailer has unlock some mixed reactions from "This is awesome!!!" right up to "They've ruined it!!!" I think they took an huge gamble on the concept that might just pay off. I can't recall what the reactions was when they dropped the WW2 setting for Modern Warfare from the public, but this move can bee seen in the same light (just jumping further ahead in the future). I'm not that hyped yet over the game, but I'm keeping it on my gaming radar.

Default Re: Black ops 2 revealed and uhm...ya

You know, I defended CoD for a long time, but this is honestly the nail in the coffin for me. I mean, after all the flak they received from gamers over MW3 last year, they're not even going to bother thinking up a new name. Just slapping another number behind an existing name.

I'm sorry, but I was kinda hopeful Activision might redeem themselves this year. Seems not. It's probably also going to be ridiculously expensive again this year, which just makes it worse.

Okay, scratch that. Just watched the trailer and I must say, the setting seems incredible. It can always end up just being MW3 with a new skin, but it doesn't look like it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    Last edited by Zoop; 02-05-2012 at 07:38 PM.

That looks really cool, I must say. I'd be really surprised if the guys from Treyarch at least try something different in this one, besides it being in the future and whatnot. I hoped more people would skip MW3 due to the sheer lack of ingenuity and work that went into it so that Activision could maybe wake up and do something for a change, but it seems the gaming community wants to tell a gigantic publishing corporation that it's perfectly acceptable to re-release a title with minimal updates and a weak SP campaign at an exorbitant price.

It looks a bit too futuristic to me. If they manage to create a story or gameplay as good as Infinity Wards then sure, Ill go for it.

I might be talking out my craphole though pArkEr's Avatar

Personally, Treyarch have yet to disappoint, despite Infinity Ward's games always receiving most of the attention. Will definitely be picking this up.

I dunno, I found the original Black Ops to be a bit underwhelming, to be honest. I played through W@W a while back, though, and that ended up being more fun than I was expecting. It's over-the-top, without being totally unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
    [s]Okay, scratch that. Just watched the trailer and I must say, the setting seems incredible. It can always end up just being MW3 with a new skin, but it doesn't look like it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    48 Things You Should Know About Black Ops 2

Honestly, **** the setting. Its going to be a good story regardless. You're all missing the big picture here...

Random zombies in Multiplayer matches!!!

I agree with Zoop, BLOPS was boring as hell (the Vietnam missions were quite nice though). And while World at War was a decent shooter it wan't nearly as good as the MW's. I won't say I don't care for this, maybe it turns out great.

The Black Ops II story will be branching—it will feature choices and variable outcomes. Wait, what? Yep.
    At one point, players had an option to either grab a sniper rifle and cover their squad, or rappel down to join up with them. Presumably that choice leads to a slightly different gameplay experience—this looks like one of the smaller of the choices offered in the game.
    A large part of the branching will be due to Strike Force, which is a brand-new game mode featuring tactical, open-ended gameplay in sandbox-style levels.
    This I like. If done good enough it will boost the SP replay value

Didn't someone at NAG once called the whole futuristic zombie thing? If there are any zombies?

Anyway I've always liked Treyarch's CoD games because they always try something different. I actually liked Black Ops and World at War more than the modern warfare series. That, or it's because I just love zombies :P

After seeing that trailer I've never been this much excited for a CoD game since CoD2 to be honest.

I might be talking out my craphole though pArkEr's Avatar

Black Ops was crazy, ridiculous and over-the-top, i.e. everything Call of Duty should be. I actually think it has the most fleshed out narrative out of all the CoD games, along with a plot twist that isn't there purely for the sake of there being a plot twist. David Hoyer is writing the sequel, so that has me quite optimistic about how this one will turn out.

Also, I knew Reznov wasn't dead!

Wait that's Reznov in the trailer? Holy **** I thought it was Mason...

It's not Reznov or Mason, it's Woods... Check it again... One of the best moments ever in CoD where you walk out of the tent and see him hanging onto a heli and landing with Creedence playing in the background. Absolutely fracking awesome!

I enjoyed all of the CoD campaigns thus far, but they've become very predictable and a tad stupid. Hopefully this will mix things up a bit. Strike Force seems like it could be a lot of fun.

For some reason I just couldn't shake the image of Battlefield 2142 from my head while watching that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangla View Post
    For some reason I just couldn't shake the image of Battlefield 2142 from my head while watching that trailer.
    Terminator... I'll be back.

An interesting documentary about the tech used in the warfare of the future and the risks the tech entails. Even the Lohatlha incident of a few years ago gets a mention.

Ummm, I thought woods was dead. (am i wrong? Did he not like sacrifice himself to save mason?)
    Last edited by GeometriX; 06-05-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: USE SPOILER TAGS!

Im a Battlefield fan boy all the way, if this this CoDs MP lets you control flying drones and mechs as standard equipment ill throw lots of money at Activision

Now there is a larger chance that it won't be very single COD game you have ever played.

With all them drones I think C4 might have meaning in a CoD game for once :P