User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesomenauts

Default Awesomenauts

Awesomenauts is a 2D sidescrolling Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game for Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network. It's the year 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. In their bid for galactic conquest they call upon the most powerfull group of mercenaries in the universe: the Awesomenauts! Play as one of several Awesomenauts as you storm the online battlegrounds and unlock loads of new abilities and characters for your arsenal.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/01/aw...review/#review

Debut Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

Default Re: Awesomenauts

Would you looky here... I seem to be the proud owner of this already. Seems my loyalty to the Plus service is paying off lately. got exams and deadlines coming up though so I'll have to wait before I can actually play it.

I want to get this but I've learnt my lesson when buying multiplayer-centric downloadable titles. But that theme song...

Quote Originally Posted by CyniKill View Post
    I want to get this but I've learnt my lesson when buying multiplayer-centric downloadable titles. But that theme song...
    Catchy, right? :P

It's inspired by 80's cartoon intros. I thought they did a great job of replicating those. Let us know how the game plays when you get a chance, nukehead.

@James: That could happen if Schafer gets enough funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberninja View Post

It's inspired by 80's cartoon intros. I thought they did a great job of replicating those. Let us know how the game plays when you get a chance, nukehead.
    I'm not stupid. :P A big reason I love it so much is nostalgia, despite being a 90's kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberninja View Post

Will do but it may only be the weekend after ne- hang on here?

Am I, uh, am I getting old? Excuse me while I go cry a little.

Quote Originally Posted by CyniKill View Post
    I'm not stupid. :P A big reason I love it so much is nostalgia, despite being a 90's kid.
    Never said you were. :P

Was just pointing out that tidbit, for those that are unfamiliar with the awesomeness that was 80s/90s cartoons. ;)

Gametrailers review:

Just played the trial version and I'm hooked. Why is this not on the South African marketplace. WHY

Really hope they release it on XBLA soon. It's on PSN now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wherewulf1 View Post
    Really hope they release it on XBLA soon. It's on PSN now.
    I emailed the publisher. They claimed to be unaware that the game has not been released here and they'll look into it. I'm hoping to hear from them again on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Kill3r View Post
    I emailed the publisher. They claimed to be unaware that the game has not been released here and they'll look into it. I'm hoping to hear from them again on Monday.
    Really? That's awesome!
    Played the PSN demo today, can't wait to play it on XBLA

OK so I managed to get a little game time in and I must say that I like it so far. Bearing in mind that I have not had much experience in MOBA style games I found he general mechanics pretty simple to get used to. Having not been able to connect to an online game yet, though, has me slightly concerned - considering the nature of the game. Also the AI games are basic, offering very little challenge. Unless I am some sort of MOBA prodigy...

When I get some more time with it I'll update on my thoughts but it is off to a positive despite not getting an online game. Also I only managed to unlock one extra character and haven't even tried him out. I want to play more though. So that's good.

Also its pretty.

Bad news for everyone hoping to get this off SA marketplace:

"Bad news, unfortunately :( I've been informed that the reason the game hasn't been released in South Africa is that the game needs to be rated by the FPB before it can be released, and our publisher currently has no plans to file for such a rating. That means that in all likelihood, the game won't be released in South Africa."

Sad face.

That's the reason there's so few games on the local marketplace. Just make a dummy UK account, download it there, then play it on your SA profile.

Well that sucks.
    Xbox is really borked this year.

Aah well, to the Playstation!

Thanks for the feedback nukehead. I'll be grabbing the trial version in a bit. From the reviews I've read, the game does have its flaws. But it's still an addictive and fun little game. I'm eager to take it for a spin.

Rawr? :3

Rather than start an entirely new thread, I decided to simply revive this one. I wasn't sure if a post like this would belong in Online Matchups or not, so please forgive me Geo if I have placed this in the wrong place.

Is anyone still playing this, and further more, what platform are you on? Recently, myself and a few others have been playing this on the PC version and I must admit it has been a blast so far, especially against each other and other players. So far, we have..

Vii
    Myself
    Freakking
    Cynikill
    X-scon
    Vengeful Autumn
    Zoop

So, give a shout if your keen and we can work some sort of plan to add each other via Steam or perhaps even start a small Steam group for South African players.

For those interested, it goes for about R90 at the moment via Steam or Gamersgate.
    Last edited by Jeronkey; 30-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.

I own it, but I only played one match. I've got most of you guys on Steam already, so just let me know whenever you guys are up for a game.