User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Official Playstation 4 Discussion, News and Speculation thread

Default Re: Official Playstation 4 Discussion, News and Speculation thread

This is why I love this place

Spoke to a buddy of mine going to the US soon as well and he said the same thing, work colleague of him went to the US last year, bought both new consoles, opened them up and put them in separate backpacks for him and his brother.

Back in 2008 when I got my PS3 in Dubai I actually just walked right past the area where you have to declare with the box on my trolley, it was already opened though as I was using the console in the UAE already, so I guess they might have though it wasn't going to be sold here, that or they simply missed it.

But isn't the price of the PS4 below the maximum value of items you are allowed to bring in without tax or duties? Unless you're bringing in other stuff as well?

I'm also wondering, if I buy an American PS4 will the PSN service be locked to that region?
    Last edited by LazyDemoni; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:47 PM.

Well I'm not exactly sure about that one.

I opened a US PSN account with my PS3 years ago and it's working as far as I can tell (on my PS4 as well).

So basically I've got my SA PSN account and my US PSN account (and Japanese and Australian accounts as well actually).

but I haven't ever really bought anything from the US store, I can access everything fine and well, and I've downloaded demos that definitely work, but never really bought anything.

PSN content is locked to the games themselves. So if you buy a game in the States all DLC etc needs to come from the US store. System is neutral. At least I can definitely confirm this on the PS3 but wouldn't see a reason for Sony changing that for the PS4.

A PS4 is below R5000 if you buy it in America. It is below the declarable amount, obviously if you bring other things back then you could have a problem.

I didn't end up getting one because I couldn't find one in Downtown Disney and the duty free at both Florida and Washington airports didn't have either. I'm pretty bleek about it.

Got my PS4 yesterday at long last. Just LoU for now, although I've got plans to borrow Infamous on Monday. The interface seems pretty snappy and slick, but I'm still figuring things out here and there. I see there's a free online play weekend this weekend, so some LoU multiplayer is definitely on the cards.

Anybody tried using the Playstation app on your phone yet?

It seems like a failed effort, in my opinion. The app is very limited in what it can do (Power on/off your PS4), but the real problem here is that the phone needs to be connected to the same Wifi network as the PS4 to operate.

Seems kinda pointless, to be honest. If I want to power on my PS4 while I'm at work and start a game download so it's ready for me by the time I get home, I can't.

HOWEVER, if I have my PS Vita with me at work and connect to the PS4 via remote play, then that works.

So I guess we now just have to wait for remote play to come to android devices, making said app redundant.

Yeah the app is stupid. Even if you want to go to the store or your profile etc., it just redirects you to the browser login anyway.

Quick question about PSN - I have my main account (SA account) and I have a second account (US) which I don't really use. It was just there because I bought a US game and wanted to redeem a code. If I want to buy a PSN game or DLC on the US store with my US account, could I use that on my SA account as well?

It counts for PS3/PS4. I think I already know the answer as I claimed a US code for a PSN game on my US account and could use it on my SA account but I'd like to make sure. Don't want to spend money on something I can't use.

If you buy games from the US store. You have to get US DLC to work with that game.

You can play a game from any account on your actual system.

So I use my SA account as my main account but I play games from both my UK and US accounts on the same system.

EDIT

yeah I should have specified that this is with PS3
    Last edited by nukehead; 4 Days Ago at 09:17 AM.

Only if your US account is set with the PS4 as the primary console otherwise it won't let you play the game on other accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    Only if your US account is set with the PS4 as the primary console otherwise it won't let you play the game on other accounts.
    Thanks - I noticed that and everything works.