User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Official Playstation 4 Discussion, News and Speculation thread

Default Re: Official Playstation 4 Discussion, News and Speculation thread

I would also consider waiting to see how Sony is handling the drought. There aren't any big titles from now until April and many people would probably just sit back and enjoy the free PS+ titles instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I would also consider waiting to see how Sony is handling the drought. There aren't any big titles from now until April and many people would probably just sit back and enjoy the free PS+ titles instead.
    I'm in no rush, just looked on their site the offer is limited to 100 units. Besides I'm on my PC far more than PS these days. I can wait

They have 100 units to start off with.

Quote Originally Posted by -Bouncer- View Post
    They have 100 units to start off with.
    Ya sorry wasn't very clear with my post. I assume they will get more when the PS4 is back in stock in SA

^well it's sold out now, was hoping to get a bit more info on the deal, but now it's gone! hope they get more stock soon.

So.....I've been looking around for a PS4 and even though the prices have gone up slightly, I really want one. My options are to wait until FNB gets more stock, open an account at say Dion Wired (not that I want to open an account) or just fork out that amount and buy it at TakeALot or some online retailer.

Where would you guys recommend I buy one?

They are all the same price, the retailers barely make any money on the consoles, so no retailer will be more expensive than the other.

Man I feel kinda sheepish about picking up my PS4 for about R5900 from House and Home on the 16th of December, apparently they had it on sale 3 days after being launched, the only unit in stock... maybe it was like a day of reconciliation thing, but damn that was quite a score.

At any rate, do you have an edgars account ? I've seen CNA with stock of a couple of PS4s.

That may be so but it's still a lot to fork out at once. I'm hoping FNB will get more stock soon. Those that do have a PS4, how is the 500gb HDD holding out? Not too small? The bundle I'm looking for most, is the one with the camera.

Edit: Nope, I do not have any account besides a credit card. Although I can open an account at Incredible Connection and just pay it off over say 3 months.
    Last edited by -Bouncer-; 24-02-2014 at 10:31 AM.

PS4's Japan launch is better than expected

Sony's Playstation 4 stunned and shocked gamers around the world as the console became the fastest and best-selling console of all time since the venerable Playstation 2, shipping over 5 million units across the globe as of 18 February 2014. Along with the stunningly cool attitude displayed over the course of 2013, Sony also can boast attach rates of an average of two games for every console sold as well as new PS Plus subscriptions for over half of the launch shipment. So it was with great interest that the world turned to watch the Japanese launch of the console with the entertainment giant finally turning its attention to their home turf.

Sony sold over three hundred thousand units across Japan in just two days.
    Linky

I asked my dad to buy me one in Dubai, the average price there is 1699AED which is +-R5000/5500, which is at least a better than the R7300 it goes for here, (500GB, Killzone bundle). If all goes to plan I could get my hands on it in March!

Guess who just received his PS4 :D

Quote Originally Posted by -Bouncer- View Post
    Guess who just received his PS4 :D
    Aesir?

Haha lol what? No, me -_- Think his PS4 is still on the way.

Edit: So those of you who've been playing their PS4 for a while, what are some of the pro's on cons? Also, is the camera worth it?
    Last edited by -Bouncer-; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:59 AM.

26 MARCH 2014
    Sony May Add Backward Compatibility to the PS4

In a second Tweet, Rasheed claimed that the software is still buggy and not every game works, but it's still reason enough to get excited. It seems to be that this functionality will come with the launch of PlayStation Now, which will also allow streaming of PlayStation 3 games.
    This will be a game changer if true/implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by James Donaldson View Post
    Aesir?
    Rub it in why don't you? :,(

No stock anywhere, my dad tried 3 malls, even the biggest ****ing mall on the planet but nooooooo. Ordered one though, so waiting... Impatiently. My bank is quite happy though.

The moment they announce backwards compatibility is the moment I place my order for one.

I think my tipping point will be when they announce GTA V for the PS4. Unless it's also released on the PC, then I may wait a bit longer.

The Witness or Uncharted 4 getting a date would probably also do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
    The Witness or Uncharted 4 getting a date would probably also do it.
    Even though I just upgraded my PC, I may have to purchase a PS4 for The Division. :(

That game looks taxing, but I'm sure it will run optimally on the PS4.