User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recreational Marijuana Legal in Washington and Colorado

Default Re: Recreational Marijuana Legal in Washington and Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmantle View Post
    Really? Perhaps you can explain that to my cousin who ran his mother over to get out and get high, or his Dad who was dragged to an ATM in the middle of the night by Nigerians to save his son.
    I think you read into what I said a little too literally. My cousin is a drug addict, and he's made his family's life a living hell. I know all too well how it destroys the lives of not only the addict, but the lives of those around him/her.

On the note of drug education and frank drug discussions, I wonder if stoner culture isn't a double edged sword. On the one hand it introduced the mainstream to recreational drug use in a light-hearted manner. On the other hand, it may cause conservative folks to dismiss it out of hand due to its silliness and emphasis on being laid-back (i.e. lazy).

@ Nukehead. Thanks for the long reply dude. I haven't had time to really read it properly yet, but I will.

Not really related but kinda. Want o know what a drug lord's house looks like?

MEXICAN DRUG LORD’S HOME AFTER BEING RAIDED

Now tell me we (or any other country) can't use that amount of money for something productive instead.

I don't know about productive, but I could definitely use this:

I'll... find a use somewhere. Somehow.

Jeez, think I must become a Mexican Drug Lord. Just kidding. Seriously though, this is just disgusting the amount of money these *******s make/waste. This is just unbelieveable.

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Not really related but kinda. Want o know what a drug lord's house looks like?

MEXICAN DRUG LORD’S HOME AFTER BEING RAIDED

Now tell me we (or any other country) can't use that amount of money for something productive instead.
    Old linky. Still, good view. Just one bug - they list that pistol there as a "357 Magnum with solid gold grips". Don't argue with the grips, but that's a Colt 1911 copy, chambered in .40 S&W or .45 ACP. They never made them in .357 Magnum.

Back, though, to the picks. It was said that Pablo Escobar literally burned cash to keep him and his daughter warm and to cook food on during a single night when they were on the run. He couldn't store the money in a bank as it would rise suspicion, so he kept it in cash. It was all he had to burn, so he did it. Amount? 1.2 million POUNDS in one night. That's about 15 million Rands. 15 mil. 15 bloody million. In that time. I could retire with that, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    The first thing I'd do is sleep on it. Or have sex on it, whichever comes first. That's a crapload of cash. You've got to hand it to the drug dealers - they know how to run their business and turn in massive profits. Their expertise could actually help the government here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    The first thing I'd do is sleep on it. Or have sex on it, whichever comes first.
    Dude. You're a crappy man if you think sleeping first is a viable option.

:P

But yes, I'll do my own game shows. You know, those ones where the money start blowing around and you tell people to grab as much as they can in a minute. I'll then shoot them with my golden guns filled with cocaine bullets if they don't grab the minimum amount of cash.

Also, doesn't the money on the foreground look suspiciously a lot like our new money?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    You've got to hand it to the drug dealers - they know how to run their business and turn in massive profits. Their expertise could actually help the government here.
    Ok, government, here's what you do - first, you don't pay taxes. At all. Second, you focus on the kind of product that keeps your customers coming back for more (because they'll see spiders everywhere if they don't). And finally, if they ever cheat you, you cut off their limbs until they give you what they owe.

How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    Ok, government, here's what you do - first, you don't pay taxes. At all. Second, you focus on the kind of product that keeps your customers coming back for more (because they'll see spiders everywhere if they don't). And finally, if they ever cheat you, you cut off their limbs until they give you what they owe.

How's that?
    Seriously though, imagine if the drug dealers in the states that legalise dagga use work with the government. They can give them first-hand accounts of how it should be distributed, how to tax it, how to price it and where to sell it so it gives them the most profit. They can show the government what rules to set about how much someone should be allowed to buy or consume that won't be detrimental on their health. Its a pipe dream and legalising it would mean the drug dealers could market it more aggressively to get more people hooked, but its a nice dream.