User Tag List

Thread: Sui Generis

Default Sui Generis

Kickstarter!

It's not a terribly original story, but this is being put together by about 5 people, less if you count the people who are actually working on the game. But that's not what's important. What's important is the combat, physics and animation model.

BEHOLD!

Default Re: Sui Generis

If this ends up having dynamic dismemberment, this might just be the best thing ever.

No word on dismemberment, as far as I can tell, but that would be the proverbial cherry on top, I agree. The movement of the characters looks a bit awkward at times, no doubt down to it being kinda dynamically generated a la euphoria engine, but I'm hoping that's something that a nice cash injection can minimize. Even if it doesn't, I'll gladly put up with that for the chance of swinging swords, flails and maces with what looks like 100% hit detection. Just imagine going up against a gigantic troll and being forced to dodge a flail of Sauron's proportions with a small and limber character.

Aww yeah...

Man, the combat looks dope. Reminds me a bit of The Witcher's swordplay, but more fluid.

So, a year after the planned release (no surprise there) they've put something called Examina beta on greenlight, which is apparently a prelude to Sui Generis. From the Youtube videos I've watched of it so far, I must say it looks really disappointing. The whole thing is in a crappy looking dungeon, the AI looks abysmally stupid, and the combat seems exactly the same as in the original kickstarter videos (which I guess isn't too terrible, since it looked pretty good).

I guess if it's stable release, then good for them. But really, so many promises and so little delivered after two whole years. Guess that's the story of most kickstarters.