User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers 4 [FILM]

I might be talking out my craphole though pArkEr's Avatar

Default Re: Transformers 4 [FILM]

Woah woah woah, I think you guys are getting a bit mixed up here. The second movie was the terrible one (racist caricatures, giant ship gun that just appeared out of nowhere, ****ING ROBOT HEAVEN). The third one at least tried to make some sense, and did a better job at conveying the oncoming robot apocalypse than the second.

And, I don't know about you guys, but I like Shia. Liked him since Holes actually. He's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by pArkEr View Post
    Woah woah woah, I think you guys are getting a bit mixed up here. The second movie was the terrible one (racist caricatures, giant ship gun that just appeared out of nowhere, ****ING ROBOT HEAVEN). The third one at least tried to make some sense, and did a better job at conveying the oncoming robot apocalypse than the second.

And, I don't know about you guys, but I like Shia. Liked him since Holes actually. He's awesome.
    Correct. The 2nd one was actually the Bullsh*t one. The 3rd one was awesome.

Gee guys! I can't make up my mind! Syphilis or Gonorrhoea? WHICH ONE?!

Haha, lesser of two evils you say... I don't know, when I just want to switch my brain off and watch the pretty lights, I feel you can do a lot worse than Transformers. It has its place, and its box office takings supports that notion.

I loved all 3 transformers movies. (and max payne) :)

I loved all 3 transformers movies. (and max payne) :)
    Wtf? I can understand enjoying the first and third Transformers movies, and even accept the second Transformers as a guilty pleasure (despite it's HUGE problems), but Max Payne?

Max Payne was one of the most boring movies I ever watched. Such a shame that they wasted such great material. But if you want to go see the "unofficial" Max Payne movie just check out Payback with Mel Gibson. He's got the right look and right attitude (you ****** me over and now I'm going to kill every single one of you).

Also, the Transformer movies will be trash until they finally decide to stop including humans as the main characters and just focus on the Transformers themselves.

You'd think none of the script writers had watched Beast Wars or Transformers: Prime...

Quote Originally Posted by zolmaster View Post
    Also, the Transformer movies will be trash until they finally decide to stop including humans as the main characters and just focus on the Transformers themselves.

You'd think none of the script writers had watched Beast Wars or Transformers: Prime...
    But then who is going to shout 'OPTIMUSSS!!' at the cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by zolmaster View Post

A story needs a human element that the audience can relate to, else viewers will have a sense of detachment. This is why you have human sidekicks in the vast majority of Transformer media. In a higher budget picture, you have a much higher concern in regards to this detachment. In addition, the western live action adaptation of Transformers generally does some weird things with the Transformer characters (Bumblebee not talking, killing off ARCEE because female transformers wouldn't be interesting... apparently), so they are poor emotional characters to relate to - so again one must lean upon the human characters.

Besides, there has only been one true Transformers movie.

3 was a good recover from the steaming pile of poo that was Transformers 2. I see Transformers movies for what they are. Giant robot fights, with a hot girl for eye candy. There's also a semi-coherent plot somewhere in there, but you don't need to worry too much about it.

Roll on number 4.

#

Id just like to point out that Transformers 2 was completed during the Writers Strike. I belive they didnt even have a ending before finishing the film, so they had to make do.

A story needs a human element that the audience can relate to, else viewers will have a sense of detachment. This is why you have human sidekicks in the vast majority of Transformer media.
    The human element will come across in the character's feelings, whether they are strictly speaking "human" or something else. Beast Wars, for example, didn't have any connection to humanity until very near the end, and it still worked incredibly well. (I'll fully admit that as an adult, the first season of Beast Wars is kinda painful to watch, but once the writers hit their stride it works out incredibly well.)

If you had the humans as supporting characters that would be fine, but when Sam takes on Starscream with nothing but a grappling hook and some grenades, you know something is off.

The writer's strike really ****ed a lot of **** up. Don't even get me started on Heroes...

Haha, lesser of two evils you say... I don't know, when I just want to switch my brain off and watch the pretty lights, I feel you can do a lot worse than Transformers. It has its place, and its box office takings supports that notion.
    The box office takings for all of Seltzer and Friedberg's parodies are almost always pretty decent. How many people watch a film isn't really telling of much. ;)

I also find it kinda funny how in the gaming world you slam CoD, but in the movie world you defend what is essentially the CoD of movies. :P
    Last edited by Zoop; 18-11-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Ha, good point.

Everything has its time and place though, yes even the Seltzer movies! People wouldn't keep going to these movies if they didn't get something out of them. When somebody on here figures out what that is let me know!