User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Dark Souls 2

Default Re: Dark Souls 2

Found this:

So the trick is to get your AGI stat up for a couple of extra iframes at the far end (100 and upwards?). Also, I just only realized that carry weight is incremental and not locked to 3 different speeds like in Dark Souls. That is, you run marginally faster and roll a little bit faster even when wearing only 1% less than before, so it's in your interest to weigh as little as possible.

At least now I have a good reason to wear light armors again. That Llewellyn armor is stylin'.

I had the most fun gathering sun medals last night. I only planned to get at least 20 in order to get the Sun Sword from my convenant, but the 20th medal ended up being the most work. I was doing co-op in Earth Peak - that area is just ideal for some co-op sunbro work because the covetous demon is ridiculously easy and Mytha isn't much harder, provided you emptied the poison.

The guy I summoned for the 20th ended up not knowing about the secret bonfire at the top of Earth Peak. I showed him with gestures and what not and he was, thankfully, on the ball. But he also hadn't emptied the poison and any attempt to get him to stop and follow me to the windmill fell on deaf ears (or blind eyes?) so we went into the Mytha fight and got her down to about half before we both ran out of estus and died. I immediately plonked down my sig again, and within 1 minute he was summoning me again.

This time I made sure to use "now way" and "I won't bite" (as in "follow me") to get the point across and he figured something was up. So we worked our way down to the windmill, I showed him the 2nd bonfire as well (he hadn't crossed the mist), I lit my torch with a flaming butterfly and walked up to the windmill, then walked back and pointed at it. He got the hint and set the damn thing on fire.

We sprinted back up to Mytha and proceeded to kick her ass soundly and I realized at the end that this must have been the hardest I'd ever had to work for a sunlight medal, but it was kinda appropriate for the last one I really needed for my sunbro.

Now I have a Sun Sword, and I'm wondering if anybody knows if I can get another one in my game or if I will have to trade for it. Anybody got a 2nd Sun Sword for my quality-build dual-wielding sunbro?
    Last edited by Squirly; 08-01-2015 at 11:13 AM.

I farmed another Mad Warriors last night, took me just under 2 hours for the set and the sword. I've never used Katanas all that much - besides for the odd boss here and there - so I'm going to do a run with the Chaos Blade. And the Mad Warriors set just seemed like the perfect fit.

@Squirly. I'm interested to hear more of your impressions of Dark Souls 2. I definitely seem to be in the minority - on these forums anyway - that prefer the sequel, so I'm curious to hear what you think.

This video puts focus on some of the things I really don't like about DS2. Spoilers, obviously.

I'll have something more in depth in regards to a response to that video (and Yuri) later on, but in the mean time BandaiNamco have released some details in regards to the patch that's landing on Feb 5th in preparation for the Scholar of the First Sin.

White phantoms will no longer return to their world if time runs out during a boss battle.
    Players on their first play through can now match with players on their 2nd or further play through.
    Made it easier for players to match online in general.

Thank god for that.

NECRO

I got Dark Souls 2. Help me git gud
    I keep getting killed by those cyclops's. The first one you come across I'm guessing is just there to train you? But the ones near the first bonfire I'm guessing have loot?

This is so different from DS1, I can't even figure out how to jump attack with M+KB controls.

I am loving the new Dual Wielding

I would love to help you but I haven't played in months and right now my internet connection is in the toilet so I doubt I'll be able to anyway.

Ignore the first cyclops (if you're talking about the one in Things Betwixt) for now. You can go back later. I don't know about any other cyclops in the first area, though I might just be misremembering. Are you playing with Scholar of the First Sin?

M+KB controls.
    Can I just say that I would never play any DS game with KB+M. How well does it work? Is the controller not way better for DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    I would love to help you but I haven't played in months and right now my internet connection is in the toilet so I doubt I'll be able to anyway.

Ignore the first cyclops (if you're talking about the one in Things Betwixt) for now. You can go back later. I don't know about any other cyclops in the first area, though I might just be misremembering. Are you playing with Scholar of the First Sin?
    No the normal one, my PC will never run Scholar.

I got lost a few times but I think I'm figuring out where I'm going. I almost got killed by some sort of Fire Breathing thing that looks like it turns things to stone, in some sort of tunnel.

Can I just say that I would never play any DS game with KB+M. How well does it work? Is the controller not way better for DS?
    Its honestly not that hard once you get used to it, I redid some controls so now I can at least fight properly. I don't have a XBOX controller, if I did I'd just play it like that, but I've got a Thermaltake something-or-other

I just remembered the 2 cyclops on the beach in Things Betwixt. They aren't necessary to kill and only provide access to the sex-change coffin. Nothing you need.

The good news is that my internet connection is back up to snuff. Sort of. I'll see if I can't kick Dark Souls 2 into gear tonight, or later in the week. I only have the base game, no DLC or anything so anything related to that I should be able to help you. Just hit me up on Steam when you're playing and I'll be there if possible.

Stalker you *******. You got me back into this and now I've played through it twice already in the last week or two with a third game coming along nicely. In other news:

Guys, I think Things Betwixt might be the proverbial womb in this metaphor.

Nice man, nice. I'm giving it a little bit of a break at the moment because I seriously stuffed up. I have no idea what I'm doing in regards to Weapons. I find one I like, then I find a new weapon and I use it for a while only to see that it sucks. I'm currently using the Heide Knight Sword. I also accidentally joined the Champions covenant so for almost a week I was pulling hairs out at how difficult the Hollows are in The Forest of Giants. I defeated The Last Giant and The Pursuer on "Hard mode" and then did research and saw how badly I ****ed up.

Plus I'm playing so many others games at the moment I'm giving it a break. Is it just me or is this game a lot shorter than DS1? I got to Sinners Rise and I feel like I'm at least halfway through judging by all the Bonfires I've been to. Those petrified people are angering me though

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker 103 View Post
    I'm currently using the Heide Knight Sword.
    Decent sword. Using it myself on the current character, though I'm just waiting on the dragonslayer spear and the stats required for it. I'm doing a faith-based character so lightning damage is always good.

I also accidentally joined the Champions covenant so for almost a week I was pulling hairs out at how difficult the Hollows are in The Forest of Giants. I defeated The Last Giant and The Pursuer on "Hard mode" and then did research and saw how badly I ****ed up.
    Ok, that's funny. The game tells you when you try to join that this will make life difficult, though. You can't be summoned or summon help either. Not even NPCs. And you're more likely to get invaded.

Plus I'm playing so many others games at the moment I'm giving it a break. Is it just me or is this game a lot shorter than DS1? I got to Sinners Rise and I feel like I'm at least halfway through judging by all the Bonfires I've been to.
    Depends? The game let's you open several spokes of the game map fairly soon. The normal vanilla route is to finish sinner's rise though and then go back and start all the other areas like huntsman's copse which ends up leading to the Iron King, or the chasm in Majula, which leads down and to The Rotten, or that route from majula that's blocked off by a petrified woman on the lever that opens the door...

If you've done those areas, then you're almost done. The game is definitely bigger than Dark Souls 1, though, at least if you don't count DLC for either game.

Those petrified people are angering me though
    The who with the what now?

The petridied people are those statues always standing in the way of progress. You need fragrant branch of yore if I'm not mistaken

Oh those. Yeah, used to be a time when I would only unpetrify them after doing Sinner's Rise, because of the branch of Yore you find there at the end, but you can go to Huntsman's Copse as soon as you've got Licia who sells the miracles. That is just a short jump to the mines where you find more branches and lots of titanite as well. My current character basically unfroze that angry bastard up in the tower first and foremost, bought the Agape Ring and now I'm farming sunlight medals outside the ruin sentinels, the skeleton lords and the Sinner.