User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Point and Click Recomendations

Default Re: Point and Click Recomendations

If you like psychological horror / fantasy try fran bow http://store.steampowered.com/app/362680. It's quite good.

I played a bit of Cognition this weekend. I have had it for a while (got it in some sale), but didn't play it. It surprised me with the mature nature of the content, good (if tropey) plot, and the voice acting. The visuals are good but some iffy animations can be a bit distracting.

Honestly though its one of my favourite modern PnC games at the moment.

Don't know if anyone know about this one...

The Park, a psychological thriller/horror single player spin-off of Funcom's The Secret World, coming next month. Looks pretty good I think.

http://www.theparkgame.com/

Never played The Secret World though because I couldn't care less about MMOs. Now if only they made a single player version of Star Wars The Old Republic (or better yet, KOTOR3)

^ That is excellent news. I loved the story and setting for The Secret World, and always thought it'd be a better single player game than a multiplayer one.

The Secret World has always looked interesting to me, but I stay away from MMO games.

I read somewhere that The Park is only the first in a series of single player games set in the universes of Funcom's online games.
    Last edited by Woodoo; 27-09-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Kinda weird, but no-one seems to have mentioned Stasis. Point & Click sci-fi horror that looks very much like the Alien or Event Horizon movies. And it's made by a couple of locals too.

Has anyone actually played it yet? It's been reviewed and it looks good. I do intend to get it when I'm done with some other games.

I've played it. It's great. A little rough around the edges, but very enjoyable overall. Solid 8/10.

Would it be technically correct to say Diablo is a point and click game?

"Point and click" is a shortened version of "point and click adventure", which is a pretty well-defined genre that's not strictly limited to even using a mouse. It's not a technical genre, it's a gameplay one.

So no, Diablo isn't a point and click game :P

Armikrog is out, seems like its a good one, but reactions are lightly mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodoo View Post
    ^never even heard of that game.

One game I'm seriously looking forward to is Armikrog (from the creators of Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood). Think I saw the trailer on the NAG dvd (anyone remember those things). Love the claymotion style. Looks freakin AWESOME!!!

I think it's coming next month.
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Yes please. I will download this the first free moment I have. Reviews be damned, I replay The Neverhood every couple of years and I adore it. Next to DOTT, it's my favourite point n click.

Funny I just read a review on Amikrog where the guy basically said don't buy it, it's completely broken.

One big reason was, auto puzzle solving. When you click on something you either pick it up automatically or use the right item to solve the puzzle automatically, but you can't pick up items that can't used yet, creating confusion when you need to pick it up, but already think you can't. Also he mentions solving a number of puzzles by producing items he haven't found yet, creating problems and stopping him from progressing.

Whether this is based on buggy code or what, well have to see.

Even then the guy praises the clay-mation look

Neverhood was awesome. But I'll wait a bit before picking this up.

Definitely looking forward to play Armikrog, but yeah I'll wait until the game has been fixed. Full of some serious bugs and other issues it seems. Looks really impressive though!

Hectic, thanks for the warning. Maybe I'll give it until the patch to pick up.

Also, you can see it in the video, many don't like the default windows cursor ;)

The RPS Wot I think was enough to convince me to wait a while. I love the look and the humour, but don't have the will to bruteforce broken puzzles.