User Tag List

Thread: Bought a new psp.. why did sony nerf the E1004 "psp street"

Default Bought a new psp.. why did sony nerf the E1004 "psp street"

-All my old peripherals don't work with it.
    -No Wi-Fi
    -No way to use psn.
    -No stereo speakers

What is the point of this psp?
    Second hand psp 1000 is worth more than this thing.

Or is this just the scam of the century.
    What next.. a ps3 with no blu-ray?
    A camera with no focus?
    A AIBO with no legs...

Sony needs to lay off the nose candy.
    However they kept the usb port.

They put the battery inside the device to stop people from using Pandora.
    Yet exploits have proven that to be a failure.
    Last edited by Legion; 08-02-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Default Re: Bought a new psp.. why did sony nerf the E1004 "psp street"

Where did you buy it ?
    Some stores got a 7 day return policy, if you are not happy with your purchace you can take it back for a refund. Give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkydarkstar View Post
    Where did you buy it ?
    Some stores got a 7 day return policy, if you are not happy with your purchace you can take it back for a refund. Give them a call.
    I bought it online from kalahari.. took over 3 weeks to get here and then they would not let me return it.

But i still think everything i said was a bad move by sony.
    How do i play MH2 with friends?..
    How do you go online?..

Who the hell said.. hmmmm remove wifi...

Silly question, and I'm not being a **** or anything...

...but didn't you at least read the specs of the product you were buying before adding to cart?

I ask, because the E1004 is the "Lite" version of the PSP. Sort of like comparing a VW Polo to the VW Vivo. They're of the same brand and engine, but one is stripped of it's gadgetry to make it cheaper and reach a different target market.

You should have done some research first. I think it's called the "street" version because it barely has anything on it. I wanted to buy it at some point but saw that it has nearly no features of the PSP. I'd rather just wait for a price drop on the Vita.

Your best bet would be to try and sell it I guess?

True.. I still think it's a very back handed move from Sony.
    The problem i would have to find a sucker... you see that is what that Street is for "sucker"
    We all know wi-fi gave birth to monster hunter.. so i'm stuck with it.

However psp has usb hosting.. they could easily add a wi-fi module on to it.
    But as i said.. "sucker" they will never make a module for that because it wont sell more psp's.

:edit...
    Man i just made myself sad reading this.
    =(
    Last edited by Legion; 08-02-2013 at 09:13 AM.

It's not back-handed at all. I sat in the press conference when they announced the Street (over a year ago) and they were very clear about what it's intended for. They moved forward with the PSV and continued to offer a dirt cheap version of the PSP. It's very clearly designed for a specific target market and it really is your own fault for not doing any research. Reading a single review or even news post about its announcement would highlight everything that you've only now discovered.

But, you have seven days to return it from the day you received it. Don't take their ****. Send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by GeometriX View Post
    It's not back-handed at all. I sat in the press conference when they announced the Street (over a year ago) and they were very clear about what it's intended for. They moved forward with the PSV and continued to offer a dirt cheap version of the PSP. It's very clearly designed for a specific target market and it really is your own fault for not doing any research. Reading a single review or even news post about its announcement would highlight everything that you've only now discovered.

But, you have seven days to return it from the day you received it. Don't take their ****. Send it back.
    Thanks geo.
    I'm gona do my best to return it.