User Tag List

Thread: [NAG] March On The Forums

Default [NAG] March On The Forums

Q: SimCity is just around the corner and that makes us excited! What concept/event/sport/thing would you like turned into a simulation game?

Default Re: [NAG] March On The Forums

Job application simulator. Probably as fun as building cities. And as a bonus there's a lot more rejection.

Unemployment Simulator. You just sit inside and play video games all day

In all the racing games I have played, none of them has the Ascari A10. That is what I want simulated.

I'd love a game tester/reviewer sim!! Play games the whole day (yeah, we know all that stuff about actual work at NAG is a load of bull) and then post on online forums about the game....wait, am I a game tester already?

Band Manager.

The premise - You assemble a band, interview artists and put together the right group to get the correct synergy. You manage the band, find them gigs, venues, create merchandise and get them record contracts, etc.

I would play the absolute doo-doo out of that game.

How about a God game, but one where you're not the actual God instead just a deity like say Thor or someone. The goal would be to go around collecting worshipers by inspiring mortals, creating myths and legends about your deeds and such.

Major League Gamer Simulator. Press "X" to hyperventilate and "Y" To call someone a hacker or noob :P

A chameleon simulator. And you have to play with two screens (or split screen), one for each eye. And I will name mine Karma.

I've never seen an educational institution sim. One that would let you run a Primary School, High School or a University would be cool. You'd compete with other schools to get the highest pass rate and release the brightest students, try to attract massive companies and let them invest in your school, or even try to form a branch of schools across various countries/continents.

An insanity simulator, the whole objective is to figure out which "reality" is real but to increase the difficulty of that it'll be set in a fantasy world so you'll have to really think about whether your really looking at a giant orc or just a figment of your imagination. Bonus points if none of your peers view you having an episode

Thanks folks, that's all we have time for this month.

Quote Originally Posted by GeometriX View Post
    Thanks folks, that's all we have time for this month.
    It helps if you lock the thread :D

I left it unlocked intentionally, in case anyone wanted to keep chatting past this point.

A presidential campaign manager. Do PR and propaganda for your choice of candidate in some third world country. Plot and scheme and work your way to the top through smear campaigns, or visiting demonstrators (to show your support for the people's suffering *hint hint wink wink*) and ... like... kiss babies or something.

A government simulator that requires you to manage your various departments and earn extra cash and trophies by organising how much corruption goes unnoticed. You then have to baffle the media if someone gets wind of something and you can organise your various bases in a Evil Genius-like method. There can be a Skyrim-like conversation changing thingy where you can spin and spin and spin your way into making anyone believe your crap.

I think a school simulator would go down well. You could organise everything from a lesson plan to the standard of teaching. Make it crazy and give the teachers moods ala Theme Hospital and incorporate a multiplayer element, like Startopia's spies, in the form of bullies and troubled kids that you could send to your friends school.

Heheheeee... I LOVE the idea of a governmental corruption simulator! Love it! :-D

@Squirly, @Menageryl, you guys should play Tropico - all that stuff that Squirly mentioned is in there, plus a whole lot more.

Personally, and actually this is one of my dream game dev projects for "one day", I'd love to play a taxi boss simulator. Manage your taxis and drivers with an RPG-like system, take or defend routes and ranks, oppose or comply with government ordinances, go by the books or completely rogue at the risk of increasing heat on your industry. On day...

I'd want a Kim Jong Un simulator, but developed from his perspective. It would be like playing a GTA game while on meth, except with more levitation and world domination.