User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wildstar

Default Re: Wildstar

Ill sort the link out when I get a chance.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/th...usiness-model/

Ok so basically you can pay a subscribe for $15 a month or you can use CREDD. CREDD can be exchanged for in game currency which is a great idea. Hell if I was still a student I would be stoked but here is the kicker. CREDD can also be bought online for $ and then sold in game using the in game market for in game currency which can then be spent on ingame items like uber top tier items....
    Last edited by tarisma; 04-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Ah I get what you're saying.

Not sure about being able to buy the top tier items with just gold? Won't it require raiding or different currencies like tokens?

I don't know where he is pulling that information from, because it's wrong. They have always advocated a play to win model in favor of a pay to win one. Credd will be used mainly for non combat benifits, like house decorations, unique skins and so forth. These same benefits can be obtained in game as well in the form of drops and rewards. They are aiming at the top tier items only being available in 40 man raids to lure out the hard core and elite players.

Quote Originally Posted by S7wede View Post
    I don't know where he is pulling that information from, because it's wrong. They have always advocated a play to win model in favor of a pay to win one. Credd will be used mainly for non combat benifits, like house decorations, unique skins and so forth. These same benefits can be obtained in game as well in the form of drops and rewards. They are aiming at the top tier items only being available in 40 man raids to lure out the hard core and elite players.
    Ok but Credd can be bought for cash and then sold for gold, and gold can buy..... All I'm saying is there is the potential for players to pay their way up the gear grind to the top.

Gold cannot buy raid gear. Please don't give out false information. Gold can purchase consumables and other things, but NEVER high end raid gear.

Gees clearly your not understanding, I'm saying this method of subscription has the potential to be pay to win, not saying it is.

In case you don't understand the definition of potential I've got one here for you

Potential
    adjective
    1. having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.
    If the game goes the way most subscription based MMO's seem to these days, we could possibly see them changing their view on what can and cannot be bought for gold/CREDD.

Are you looking forward to the new MMORPGs coming this year? WildStar is one of them, and it’s almost available for pre-order, and we got a release date.

That’s right, from next week (19 March 2014) you can pre-order the Sci-Fi friendly WildStar. The actual game will launch 3 June 2014, but if you pre-order you can even get in early. In fact, pre-ordering gives you a bunch of benefits:
    Read more after the Jump
    Jump

I'm pretty excited I think I'll be preordering.

Been following this game for a while, very keen on getting it!

Pre-order goes live today at 4pm, if I've done my time calculations correctly.

They've updated their website in the last week. It looks great and actually has a fair bit more info on it. Nice one!

For those wanting to try Wildstar this weekend grab your keys here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...y-Handout.html

or here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...y-Handout.html

This weekend they are adding different body types for each race.

Give it a bash, its really fun WoW 2.0 in my mind. Looking forward to the launch very much.

Question - Do you need a new key for every beta?
    I just discovered that I have an unused key sitting in my mail from 28th of March

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
    Question - Do you need a new key for every beta?
    I just discovered that I have an unused key sitting in my mail from 28th of March
    Yep you need a new key each weekend unless you got a character over level 35 or have preordered

ahh thanks- oh it is fine- I have never actually played Wildstar, maybe they will send me another key.

There is another beta weekend this weekend. Apparently everyone is invited

Had a bunch of fun this long weekend so i will join in again this weekend. Feels like a pre-order is coming up. If it keeps going along these lines i will be very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrxia View Post
    Had a bunch of fun this long weekend so i will join in again this weekend. Feels like a pre-order is coming up. If it keeps going along these lines i will be very happy
    Ya' I'm excited I actually get to play this weekend. I was able to play on weekend 1 but I've been too busy to play on weekend 2 and 3. I'm excited to test the exiles

I've received an email earlier on with two keys so if anyone wants one: CMQ6-N3RJ-WF4J-HFNQ-DJA2 for the U.S server and RZC8-6CNJ-WMJV-S92Q-HMFF for the European server. I didn't know that there where two servers already :/ Anyway, there you go.

After thinking about it for a few days i finally gave in and pre-ordered the game. This is the most fun i have gotten out of an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrxia View Post
    I've received an email earlier on with two keys so if anyone wants one: CMQ6-N3RJ-WF4J-HFNQ-DJA2 for the U.S server and RZC8-6CNJ-WMJV-S92Q-HMFF for the European server. I didn't know that there where two servers already :/ Anyway, there you go.

After thinking about it for a few days i finally gave in and pre-ordered the game. This is the most fun i have gotten out of an MMO.
    Woop woop I was beginning to get lonely.