User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't Starve

Default Re: Don't Starve

So how please tell me, do your get your stuff together enough before winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
    So how please tell me, do your get your stuff together enough before winter?
    Yeah this is always tough. My friends had a pretty good run the other day where, when winter came, they didn't even have to go out of their base. Was pretty damn awesome. Untill a Deerclops came and trashed their base in the middle of the night. It killed them both and pretty much ended the game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Two Kenobi View Post
    Yeah this is always tough. My friends had a pretty good run the other day where, when winter came, they didn't even have to go out of their base. Was pretty damn awesome. Untill a Deerclops came and trashed their base in the middle of the night. It killed them both and pretty much ended the game for them.
    hahahaaaa!
    we had a pretty good set up too until my dear husband said lets go kill some beefalos at the other side of the map...

several deaths later we are naked and lost in the middle of nowhere and freeze to death...
    I should really just have stayed at the camp -.-

Edit: Do you guys use mods?
    mini map mod is lovely
    Last edited by Morrigan; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:51 PM.

Still loving this game so much
    We had such a lovely thing going then the Deerclops came.....
    Apparently you can kill them with blowdarts, next time mofo I am ready for you :)

Don't know how you guys survive, even if I last a decent time I still don't get to build anything beyond rabbit traps. Yet you can make spike traps and stone walls, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by James Donaldson View Post
    Don't know how you guys survive, even if I last a decent time I still don't get to build anything beyond rabbit traps. Yet you can make spike traps and stone walls, etc.
    Your camp location is fairly important so you can get a wide variety of resources easily.
    So take a look until you find a nice spot

Then first thing after that is to build a backpack and chest (for storage)

a science station- which gives you many more crafting options.
    Ditto alchemy station and cook pot.
    Also make drying racks so you can dry your rabbit meat.

Take it from there.

So I just discovered how awesome pigmen are- seriously build your camp in a pigmen village.

Recommendation, do not build your camp in a pigmen village, they turn into monsters on full moons. Preferably you want a camp near one but definitely not in it, try to also get it on a corner of a couple biomes if possible, you'll also want to build a shovel in the beginning and collect as many berry bushes as possible to plant in your camp.

... werepigs?

Yes, you can also induce it into them if you feed them more than 2 monster meats in a short period of time

Quote Originally Posted by Demikid View Post
    Recommendation, do not build your camp in a pigmen village, they turn into monsters on full moons. Preferably you want a camp near one but definitely not in it, try to also get it on a corner of a couple biomes if possible, you'll also want to build a shovel in the beginning and collect as many berry bushes as possible to plant in your camp.
    Is that how you get berry bushes?

I just make sure that I am not there if it is full moon :P

But they normally have a ton of resources near them and they protect you by killing anything that come near you and if you feed them you have a little piggie army to help you gather and they are great for sanity.

definitely on the corners of various biomes

Yeah, you just dig them out and plant them near your base camp to have an easy supply of food, you'll need to fertilise them though. Just grab some manure from the pigs to do it. You can also befriend the pigs by feeding them meat, they'll follow you around and help cut down trees and defeat monsters. It's actually a good idea to explore for a few days and then just dedicate one or two days to solely harvesting as much as you can. Just be warned though that the pigs will pick up and eat any food that drops whilst helping you so if you defeat enough monsters they'll eat the meat and turn into werepigs

there is a 4/20 mod

it is game breaking because it gives you food/ health and sanity

but there is a 4/20 mod
    Last edited by Morrigan; 2 Days Ago at 08:47 PM.