User Tag List

Thread: GRID 2 thread of Syrup-Enema slick racing

Default GRID 2 thread of Syrup-Enema slick racing

WooooHoooo!!!

I've been waiting for this since I finished the first one. In my opinion, Grid was one of the smoothest, tightest and involving racing games I've played. As such, I'm crazy excited about the second instalment, which, from the video above, seems to be more of the same just with diversified content and an improved technical backbone.

One of the highlights of the first game was the layout of its SP campaign, which allowed gradual progression into more advanced forms of racing while keeping the introductory races interesting and lucrative enough to make you want to keep racing in them.

The aspect of Grid that I loved was that it straddled the lines between hardcore simulator and arcade joyride perfectly, allowing players from the two extremes to find something to love about it. Maybe I've been spoilt by racing games I've played in the meantime (Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 specifically), but I have high hopes for this. I loved Dirt 2 and 3 (Codemasters' off-road franchise) to bits too, but I didn't enjoy Showdown all that much. This development could mean two things: Either they're going to let Dirt become an arcade racer (which it basically is with Showdown) and push Grid into simulator territory, or they're going to push both of them into the arcade realm. Personally, I would hate for them to ruin the legacy the brilliant first instalment created by making this just another arcade racer with licensed vehicles.

Default Re: GRID 2 thread of Syrup-Enema slick racing

No love for mah booi Grid 2 from the NAGlings?

I am disappoint... :/

Quote Originally Posted by McDangerous View Post

Apparently Grid 2 will not feature any driving aids, so no assisted steering no braking assists no racing line assists. This will force it to be more of a simulator than a arcade racer since it forces you to concentrate more on your driving skills.

That would be fantastic! The only time I play with assists on is when I'm doing R1 class races in Forza 3, purely due to the fact that without traction control getting away from the line in those cars is nigh-on impossible. You just stand there in a cloud of your own tyres.

Link to this info Soulmantle?

Quote Originally Posted by McDangerous View Post

The thing that turns me off about this game is that apparently they're doing away with a ****pit view. That was the case a few months ago, at any rate.
    To some that may seem rather petty, but to me it's a big deal; a big enough deal that it's put me off the game.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the first Grid, as you said McD, good balance between sim and arcade. If the news about no assists is indeed true, I'll definitely be picking this up.

That I don't get though... How can they be focusing on a sim racer but have no ****pit view? That's kinda the point of a sim racer, innit? I always race in ****pit view if the game has one, I find it the most engrossing way of getting into the action. Specifically Shift, which was one of the best implementations of ****pit view that I've seen.

And the first Grid had an excellent ****pit view. If you took damage, the windscreen would crack and maybe eventually shatter. Your bonnet would fold up, obscuring your view. As you say, it just puts you right into the action. I just don't see why in this day and age, when everyone else is doing it, why a ****pit view is not seen as something we should be taking for granted.
    Why deliberately take it out?

Phone this article detailing how the handling will work.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-were-british

Finally Codemasters stopped tossing over Dirt and Ken Block. The dirt series was getting stale and I'm happy to see that Grid still exists.

About the handling in the game: I dont mind but it will definitely scare away new players or those in it for the arcade scene. as for the ****pit view, again I dont mind as I always used the bonnet view but I think I see where they're coming from. maybe they don't have enough confidence to top the helmet ****pit view from nfs shift 2 which I thought was fantastic but that's most likely not it.

still excited for this though, hope the le mans races can be adjusted for 24 actual hours if its still around.

I would be so sad if the ****pit view were removed, its the only reason I still play Grid. I love it so much!

I wouldn't mind to get this pre-order edition

R1.6m for a limited edition? The fact that you get a PS3 with it makes it a bargain actually.

I'm pretty sure FNB wouldn't notice my credit limit suddenly being increased by 7 000%?

I was SO looking forward to this game... The fact that it has no ****pit view just put me off it completely... well not completely I guess, there is still a chance I might get it on sale or something.

But still, no ****pit view? dafuq?!

No ****pit view? Damn. I hate playing racing games in third person. It just doesn't feel right.

Just played it at a friend's house. Damn this game feels...... slick. And sexy for some reason O_o.

The bonnet view is still in the game so no complaints on my end. Will be picking it up tomorrow. It still has split screen but no more LAN.