User Tag List

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - A New Generation Revealed

Default Re: Xbox One - A New Generation Revealed

Oldish thread but since this one seems to be the closes to an official Xbox One thread I will use it anyways. Thought it would be interesting to share that a recent apparent leak from NeoGaf has revealed that the X1 will launch here in October 2014.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1#post98876371

So MS is offering $100 off your purchase of an Xbox One if you hand in your old PS3. It didn't take long for most people to see this deal for the stupid option it is.

This deal literally only targets those people who are abandoning Sony for MS. And also abandoning their whole PS3 library.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    And also abandoning their whole PS3 library.
    And also abandoning Dark Souls 2.

And South Park: Stick of Truth. And Persona 5. And....

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    And South Park: Stick of Truth. And Persona 5. And....
    ... every free game on PS Plus that's coming this year. People would need to be retarded to think this deal is a good idea, especially with the next-gen game drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    ... every free game on PS Plus that's coming this year. People would need to be retarded to think this deal is a good idea, especially with the next-gen game drought.
    AMERUCAH!!!! *Ahem*

Anyway, Do I really have to wait until October to get my Killer Instinct on? uuuuurgh..... This is just as bad news for me as Monster Hunter 4 only coming to our shores early 2015.

Is Microsoft even allowed to do that?

Regardless, it's incredibly scummy and one of their biggest douche moves in a long series of douche moves.

How many of you guys have the X1?

Me, that = 1. If there are more of you, lets keep counting.

My boyfriend and I both imported Xbox One consoles, but I don't think you'll find a lot of other people on this forum who did. Most people around here are predominantly PC gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    My boyfriend and I both imported Xbox One consoles, but I don't think you'll find a lot of other people on this forum who did. Most people around here are predominantly PC gamers.
    I never asked this before; how much did you pay for shipping and customs?

Nothing extra. That was included in the price over on Phoenix Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Nothing extra. That was included in the price over on Phoenix Tech.
    I had a look at their site a while back. How did you find their service overall and with importing the X1, are their any complications in terms of it's features in SA?

We've had no problems using the Xbox One over here. Everything works.

Delivery service was very slow, though, and our consoles were delayed several times - the first one arrived only on Xmas eve, and the second one a week or two later. That's not really Phoenix Tech's fault, as the supply was constrained in Europe around launch, but it was frustrating at the time. I expect supply and delivery is probably a bit more reliable now, though.

Microsoft shows off Twitch UI before Titanfall release

Landing in hot in time for Titanfall's launch on the PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One for the rest of the world, Twitch streaming for the Xbox One has been announced by Microsoft with the promise that the servers and service will be up and running before 11 March. Its a pretty significant date for Microsoft - the partnership with Twitch has had it's issues especially concerning Playstation 4, which had streaming functionality on launch and the company hopes that the hype surrounding Titanfall and the various streams available showcasing the game will make more people go out and buy an Xbox One. Win-win for them, I suppose.
    Linky

Xbox One Coming to 26 new markets in September

We’ll have much more to share at a local level towards the end of April, so stay tuned. In the meantime, the confirmed additional launch markets for September include:

• Argentina
    • Belgium
    • Chile
    • Colombia
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • India
    • Israel
    • Japan
    • Korea
    • Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Russia
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Singapore
    • Slovakia
    • South Africa
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Turkey
    • UAE
    Not too long. Curious to see the price.

Source?

Xbox coming to our shores in September 2014

Rejoice, Xbox One fans, for your wait isn’t going to be too long. Microsoft today announced that the Xbox One will be launching in 26 new countries in September and incredibly, we’re actually on that list this time. Although the launch window doesn’t mention a specific date, the rollout will take place in stages and was most likely planned to coincide with the release of … wait for it… Destiny! Sadly, no pricing has been announced, but expect something in the R7000 region if the Rand hasn’t strengthened against the US Dollar or the British Pound by then.
    Linky

Props to bouncer for the heads-up!

Is that what he said or what they want him to say?