User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U R999

Default Re: Nintendo Wii U R999

Well, I'm standing in line at Toys R Us PE for my Wii U, this is going to be a long, cold wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Pics or it's not happening.
    Proof is on my twitter account :)

Tweeting for the birds... :)

Took a drive past the Boksburg store to see what the queue was like. About 10 to 15 people, mostly a bunch of down and out-ers queuing there. Felt too embarrassed to join.

Pavilion sold out. I'm heartbroken. ;_;

So I tried my luck this morning but to no avail. got there as the store opened but people were already queing since the early hours of the morning.

and the stock was very limited

I have one! Snagged a black Premium edition with Nintendoland and bought a copy of Zombii U. Next up is the Wii Motion Plus controls for playing older titles. I wasn't prepared to pay R5000 for the entire thing, but R1000 is more than agreeable.

I'll be putting up more info on NAG Online later today.

Quote Originally Posted by ioiiooio View Post
    Pavilion sold out. I'm heartbroken. ;_;
    Yup, I was there, also didn't get one :/
    Out of curiosity, where about were you in the line? I was somewhere in the rear end of the middle. I was the back for a while, but then even more people showed up.

I have to say, I didn't think that I would be this disappointed to not get one, but I guess I really wanted one in the end...

Ended up getting up early to get one, happy I did, I would have probably been kicking myself if I missed the opportunity.

Bought a wii motion plus contoller and nunchuck and some wii games as well, will start the update tonight, happy to be a proud owner of a Nintendo console again, ...I miss my cube :(

My harrowing Nintendo Wii U fire sale experience

So, there I was, laying in bed at 4:30 wondering what the hell I'm doing. Gamers are a special breed - we'll do anything for the latest copy of Call of Duty, Diablo, Gran Turismo or Uncharted. Or Halo. We'll camp outside the store and we'll be jovial with other people in the line and wait for whatever sale or launch we were gathering there for. That's what makes this hobby so special - it brings people together. Unlike the launches of Apple's i-devices, where people just want to buy them and leave, everyone was comfortable chilling out for the morning with like-minded people. And when I say "chilling", I mean we were really freezing out butts off.

Linky

What are some of the must-own titles for the Wii U? It seems like there's been zero buzz about any title on there.

I mean, R999's a steal, but if it's going to become harder to get Nintendo titles, and the pool of standout titles is incredibly small...

Hi people, I've been a member since 2009 but mostly only read these pages now and again. As luck would have it, I read this topic yesterday afternoon. I called the Belleville store and was told they had 10 units. I got there at 8AM this morning and was 10th in line! (a bit late but luckily it rained this morning so I think some might have been slower out of the blocks) I am now the proud owner of a Wii U console. So DarkPrice, thank u very much for the heads up.

honestly i'm glad I got a WiiU amd all, but I'm actually pretty much just super stoked I finally get to play twilight princess and Super Mario Galaxy :D

I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
    RWARRRR!

:D

Plus I found the metriod trilogy! last one on the rack.
    My sister has a 13yr old daughter figured i can give here the wii mini.
    :)
    Last edited by Legion; 30-05-2013 at 03:23 PM.

I got one! \0>

Didn't buy any games for it though - I'll wait until IC has a sale again. Going to start updating this thing tonight as I herd it's a rather large update.

Lol it's funny how the Wii U's are popping up on Gumtree now.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Hero View Post
    What are some of the must-own titles for the Wii U?.
    At the moment nothing although Super Metroid for R4 is pretty much impossible to say no. For now it's just the genre's you enjoy.

Ha ha! Mine does not work! It does not switch on, I get a flashing red light. What a bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by DbDraad View Post
    Ha ha! Mine does not work! It does not switch on, I get a flashing red light. What a bummer!
    On what, the console or the GamePad? The GamePad only has about five minute's charge in the battery out the box.