User Tag List

Thread: Steam Family Sharing now out of beta

Default Steam Family Sharing now out of beta

Valve has officially announced that Steam Family Sharing, where you can share entirely game libraries with friends and family, is now out of Beta and part of the regular Steam offering. The service is available to any Steam users who have the application installed and allow for families and groups of friends to club together to buy games and share them. Previously, the only way to do this was to set up a separate Steam account and share the username and login details with whoever wanted to play the games on the account.
    Linky

Default Re: Steam Family Sharing now out of beta

Lovely. My brother will be ecstatic, I'm so sharing my entire library with him!

Too lazy to read up on it but did they change anything regarding how libraries are shared?

Still only one person allowed on at a time?

Yep. For the whole library.

Which makes it all pointless unless I'm planning on going away for a while and not touching my Steam games.

The funny thing is that if you add a non-Steam game to Steam (for the overlay) it apparently still locks anyone else out from playing your library.

It at least in theory works nicely for my dad as he can play some of my games when I'm not around but he hasn't used it yet.