User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What rig are you planning to lan on @ Rage 2015?

Default What rig are you planning to lan on @ Rage 2015?

As the title says.

I am planning on either bringing a new laptop (been eyeing the HP envy 15 from FNB as my current one is so old that if I think I look hard enough on the hard drive I could find the original plans for Noah's ARK!) or my current desktop. (nothing special, it has a i5 3470K cpu, 4 gig ram (getting another 8 gig next week when I get paid) a GTX 660 TI 2GB and a 2tb hd running Ubuntu 15.04 as the primary OS and Windows 10 Tech Preview as the secondary OS on it's own 500 gb hd. But I would have to dig around my garage for a monitor as my main one is currently a 48 inch HD TV and the secondary is a 32 inch (a bit too big for a lan) but I am sure that I do have a working 21 inch somewhere on the planet.

Default Re: What rig are you planning to lan on @ Rage 2015?

AMD 970 clocked to 3.8GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD r9 290x tri-x, 240GB SSD 2x 2TB HDD.
    will be this PC's 3rd year except for the graphics card.

Same thing I do every year, just with a new GPU:
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
    AMD FX 8350 4GHz 8-Core
    32GB 1800Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
    ASUS Strix R9 285 Overclocked Edition
    4x 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD's in RAID0
    1x 1TB Western Digital

Such a shame I cannot bring my 65 inch 4k TV with, would be a b***** to carry from the car...
    Guess I'll bring my peasant 24-inch monitor...

still deciding if I'm going to take the laptop or packup my rig.....

Will be taking my desktop

Intel 3820 i7@3.6GHz
    16GB Kingston Hyper X 2133MHz
    AMD 7850 2GB Royal King Edition
    1x 128 GB Corsair Force LS SSD
    1x Seagate 3 TB
    2x Western Digital 4 TB

and my Samsung 27" LED screen.
    Looking to upgrade my GPU this year.

@NeoAcheron Would you trust taking your TV with those stairs? I am still scared of those stairs.

The memory is getting a little gray... I remember now... OH GAWD I DO REMEMBER NOW!!! WHYYYYYY!!!

Hi guys

I know this might be the wrong thread, but can somebody please confirm something for me?
    The red power plug, is it only for your rig or monitor aswell?
    I have a 24" Samsung and I have never seen the red power plug for these monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrick View Post
    Hi guys

I know this might be the wrong thread, but can somebody please confirm something for me?
    The red power plug, is it only for your rig or monitor aswell?
    I have a 24" Samsung and I have never seen the red power plug for these monitors.
    As far as I know you are only given one plug to plug into so you need to buy a red plug with 2 ends. One goes into your screen/screen psu and one will go into your pc psu. There is definitely a red plug for your screen. If it uses a kettle cord of any soft there is a red plug version.

my new R9 390 nitro is on his way........whoohoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar_dl View Post
    As far as I know you are only given one plug to plug into so you need to buy a red plug with 2 ends. One goes into your screen/screen psu and one will go into your pc psu. There is definitely a red plug for your screen. If it uses a kettle cord of any soft there is a red plug version.
    i have a little issue then as screen i use ain't a monitor but a 24" led TV which uses a 2 pin plug. so i might have a issue here...
    any possible solutions other then buying a monitor?

thanks

My monitor does not use the normal kettle cord. It uses the normal 3-point plug, that goes into the small 3-point AC-Adapter and then to my screen with a small round connection. surely there must be an easy way around this, as the normal split cable for kettle cord power plugs wont work and as I said, have never seen a red plug for these type of monitors, which is becoming quite standard plugs.

I might also have an issue. I have a 27" LED Samsung monitor. It uses a ac/dc converter. Il try and cut off the plug and connect a red plug. Lets hope my screen survives.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrick View Post
    My monitor does not use the normal kettle cord. It uses the normal 3-point plug, that goes into the small 3-point AC-Adapter and then to my screen with a small round connection. surely there must be an easy way around this, as the normal split cable for kettle cord power plugs wont work and as I said, have never seen a red plug for these type of monitors, which is becoming quite standard plugs.
    From what I understand this is the kind of cable running into your screens power supply?

Quote Originally Posted by Syris_The_V1rus View Post
    I might also have an issue. I have a 27" LED Samsung monitor. It uses a ac/dc converter. Il try and cut off the plug and connect a red plug. Lets hope my screen survives.
    What kind of cord is going into the ac/dc converter. You should be able to just get the red version of this

Quote Originally Posted by Vlademer17 View Post
    i have a little issue then as screen i use ain't a monitor but a 24" led TV which uses a 2 pin plug. so i might have a issue here...
    any possible solutions other then buying a monitor?

thanks
    You will probably need to arrange something with @Guardi3n
    Last edited by Sylar_dl; 30-07-2015 at 11:33 AM.

I have a solution for you guys, will try and take a pic of mine I modified, you buy the red plug, then, wire a kettleplug and figure 8 or clover leave (depending on what your monitor ac adapter uses) into the same red top plug, works like a charm......will take a pic of mine tonight, better to get a spare clover leave or figure 8 so that you can keep your original for warranty purposes or if you wanna sel it later

I think that is the cable that connects into my ac/dc converter. Will just confirm tonight.
    Where would be the best place to get a special red plug like that.
    Incredible Connection/ Hifi Corp?

I bought mine at Voltex

Hi Sylar

Yes, this is the cable running to screens power supply.
    If it was a normal kettle cord, Split cable would be ease solution, but for these power supplies, that aint gonna work.
    Sorry, it is the 2-pin connection, not 3. Below is the link for the power supply. Mine is just the normal SA 3 point that goes to wall socket, not the US version as in image.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IDa5bLhXL.jpg

guys, when you see mine, it will immediatly make sence and you okes can copy my idea.......will post the pic tonight, then you will only need one plug at rAge :)

Looking forward to solution. Just wouldnt really want to modify, as this is a company monitor that I am using. lol