User Tag List

Thread: rAge - your story here!

Liszt Liszt Liszt Liszt Liszt Liszt I LOVE LISZT LISZT LISZT Liszt's Avatar
    Wii Code: 0000 0000 0000 0000

Talking rAge - your story here!

What was your experience of rAge 2015 Jhb like?
    Saw/experienced anything fun or unusual?
    Odd creeps here and there?
    Vertel!

Default Re: rAge - your story here!

Are you back in the country?

We kinda did it here :/
    http://www.nag.co.za/forums/showthre...ht=Oculus+Rift

Liszt Liszt Liszt Liszt Liszt Liszt I LOVE LISZT LISZT LISZT Liszt's Avatar
    Wii Code: 0000 0000 0000 0000

I was in Italy recently - it was a traumatic event. I'm back, finishing my M atm. How are you?

If I'm not mistaking... that forum is "What happened to NAG Forums?". So, this thread might be more appropriate :)

Quote Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
    Vertel!
    It was my 10th rAge. I really enjoyed it. Taking that into account, I think it was the worst expo in 10 years. I'm not saying it was bad. It just wasn't up to par imho. I think they could have had more stands and different / new content.

With that said, I really enjoyed some parts.

I enjoyed watching the new deus ex E3 pre alpha footage that was displayed at the main stage. I enjoyed playing some "indie" games at the Intel stands. I enjoyed playing King of New York at the board games section. I also enjoyed watching some of the cosplayers. The rest of the expo was exactly the same as previous years. Nothing impressive. Nothing new. Nothing exciting. The only other thing I have to mention is that the occulus rift was a good idea, however I played with it many times before so did not even bother. (And at this stage, I'm surprised so many people have not yet).

I also enjoyed taking a shower at 6 in the morning at Virgin active. Thanks for that rAge organisers.

Any case, was a good experience, had a good time.

Hi. So I thought it appropriate to thank all the gamers at rAge this year. With very few exceptions you were all awesome, polite and patient. Would have to say the best crowd we have ever had in my experience. Sorry about the 5-15s internet drop every 45-240 minutes on Friday. Turns out it was a faulty fiber module for the 10G links. Flaw only presented under heavy load, so no way we could catch it before the event. Fortunately Saturday it was resolved due to the awesome support from HP. Hope everybody appreciates how lucky we are to have them onboard. From the look of the amount that was downloaded it seems that you caught up those lost seconds on Friday.

Have to thank IS for being very helpful in resolving the glitch on our side and supplying us with first world internet experience. Their setup ran flawlessly and their crew professional as always, even under stress.

On a personal note would just like to say thanks to my awesome team for getting everything setup. The ten of us collectively had about 1 800 000 steps to make this happen. Personally I covered 351km for the event. So after people canceling on me last minute, being bit by a dog, having many other challenges to get everything setup, it was still an awesome event thanks to you and my crew. Big thumbs up and hopefully our feet will be rested for Cape Town.

Regards
    VC

Well this was my third Lan and fifth rAge. I had just come off of 2 hours sleep a day for five days trying to get a prototype software solution I was working on completed. I was pretty much burnt out on Thursday. I managed to get some sleep which helped me through the lan. As always I had PC trouble (I'm the guy who is always taking their PC apart at a lan), this year with cloning my main drive to a ssd - I eventually gave up. My system was working surprisingly well as I had been having problems with it before rAge. I believe it was my external HDD giving some performance issues. I had also been an idiot in the beginning of the year when I blew a ram bus by not groundnut myself when installing a new cpu cooler. I have so much Corsair ram sitting around gather dust now. This damage recently led to my onboard audio to die. Luckily I had an overkill over the top digital audio workstation which I used. (yes for gaming, I know thats sacrilege). This year I went with the most number of friends than previously. (5) The dropping of connection did last into Saturday which did make some online games not so fun to play. Otherwise it was a good event, albeit I kept falling asleep.

It was my First rAGE this year. Loved it so much. I was flat broke and saw so much I wanted to buy.
    Some HOT cosplayers. WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
    Vertel!
    Terrible

By FAR the worst rAge I have ever been to, lack of shops, lack of specials, plenty of shops selling non gaming related clothes/toys =/ lack of brands...lack of DDOS protection? Lol?

whats the point of ever going back if they keep increasing price and giving less? nobody apologized to me and my friend when our "100Mbps line" kept dropping, we had one awful weekend that we actually had to pay for...pathetic.

Food cart for lanners was extremely overpriced, thanks NAG for not getting in a company or someone to do a basic tuckshop, drinks+food+snacks....Nobody should have to pay R20 for a 2L coke (that's a petrol station price) R30 for a hotdog?

lack of specials, this is linked so the lack of gaming stores, the usual stores like Evetech, Matrix and titanIce where normally expensive with hardly anything on special, Computers only for the 2nd time now has actually saved rAge a little by offering such great specials R2k saving on motherboards, half price gaming mice... Rebel tech <3 actually had items for display for us to test, Mice, Keyboards, screens, cases..this is part of the rAge experience, other years have had plenty of testing stations all over, logitech one year with all their products...this year it was naked..felt more like an art and crafts expo with some games for kids thrown in for the public, 2014 even had a sneak peak at Battlefield 4s new Para map with the oscean and storm..amazing demo you organised and we could play 10vs10 on the floor vs other people next to me..amazing fun but 2015 = nothing....

RebelTech+Computers only where the only two that deserved to be there...others might as well have a tiny store and direct customers to their normal site as thats the pricing they gave us.

take this as you will NAG staff, you've lost me and my friend as lanners, 2015 was just that bad...2014 wasn't "amazing" either but atleast the 6.2 Gbps line actually worked...
    Last edited by DeepFriedBunny; 04-01-2016 at 01:18 PM.